ksong

fighting giant on standup using light Black Hole Cape Cod 450g and JM PE8

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Here is a video of fighting giant using light Black Hole Cape Cod 450g rod and JM PE8 reel filled with 130 lb JB hollow and 150 lb leader line.

fighting time is 40 minutes.

We used to go up to PEI to catch giant on standup.

Cape Cod provides excellent opportunity to fight giant on standup.

Edited by ksong

On 8/2/2020 at 6:48 PM, Two Rock said:

Can I ask what happened with this fish, recreational is closed and are line caught giants even being purchased by dealers right now? 

It's a shame these fish are being killed for peanuts

1 hour ago, TonyO said:

a dead fish is a dead fish, doesn't matter who or why, or how much it was sold for.  

Posted (edited) · Report post

3 hours ago, TonyO said:

You remind me an old joke:

A guy walks up to a girl in a club and says:"Damn, you are the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. I don't want to seem crass but i like to just cut to the chase. I'll give you 1 million dollars if you sleep with me". She looks at him and says "are you ****ing kidding me?" He says "No, this is not a joke. I have a million dollars in cash and I will give it to you if you sleep with me". She contemplates this for a moment and decides..."1 million dollars? Fine. Ok, I'll do it"...then the guy says..."actually...how about 10 dollars instead". She gets furious and says "What the ** do you think I am?" the guy replies "We've already established what you are. We're just negotiating the price". 

Moral of the story: A fish is a fish ...regardless of price.

Edited by levari

Black Hole Cape Cod 450g rod did it again though it is not giant.

It looks nice fighting like that, but I'd like to lower rod to fight big fish with the light and thin rod.

450ga.jpg

450gb.jpg

So it’s commercial fishing people pay them to go fishing with them to commercial fish? So the captain get to charge for a fare and keep the fish ? 

2 hours ago, hydraman said:

So it’s commercial fishing people pay them to go fishing with them to commercial fish? So the captain get to charge for a fare and keep the fish ? 

It depends on Capt. Some capt keep the fish and give some credit and some capt don't. 

1 hour ago, ksong said:

It depends on Capt. Some capt keep the fish and give some credit and some capt don't. 

Is it legal for a commercial captain to charge fare ? I thought the captain should pay you hourly rate  if you are on a commercial vessel catching fish for him.