fishhappy

*Plantar Fascia tear, Recovery question

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

I was headed up north for some fishing, but, I was running down a 17 year old to first base after I caught a ball at second and he was running at me (2nd out), when he was running back to first, he fell, and I jumped over him, When I leaded I felt a pop in my right heel, and one hour later I could not walk on it. Stupid injury.

The Doctors opinion is a torn plantar ligament, It’s either healed after 12 weeks or then surgery.

Any of you go through this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 mins ago, fishhappy said:

If it didn’t hurt so bad I’d be laughing

:) Couldn’t resist with this being in the WTB forum. 

Wishing you a quick recovery. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 mins ago, fishhappy said:

I was headed up north for some fishing, but, I was running down a 17 year old to first base after I caught a ball at second and he was running at me (2nd out), when he was running back to first, he fell, and I jumped over him, When I leaded I felt a pop in my right heel, and one hour later I could not walk on it. Stupid injury.

The Doctors opinion is a torn plantar ligament, It’s either healed after 12 weeks or then surgery.

Any of you go through this?

Bro get second opinion and you need an MRI to determine exact injury alot of Drs drop the ball don't get an MRI and don't realize severity of injury why wait for a Dr to tell you months later you need surgery how bout all the months of pain get MRI and yes I'm going thru it right now ruptured my quad tendon recently fishing fell of some rocks had surgery I'm almost a month out of surgery about to start physical therapy good luck with your injury I'm looking forward to making a come back but it's a severe injury what doesn't kill you will only make you stronger

IMG_20200722_112016268.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, Marcano said:

Bro get second opinion and you need an MRI to determine exact injury alot of Drs drop the ball don't get an MRI and don't realize severity of injury why wait for a Dr to tell you months later you need surgery how bout all the months of pain get MRI and yes I'm going thru it right now ruptured my quad tendon recently fishing fell of some rocks had surgery I'm almost a month out of surgery about to start physical therapy good luck with your injury I'm looking forward to making a come back but it's a severe injury what doesn't kill you will only make you stronger

IMG_20200722_112016268.jpg

God bless you man, that looks freaking painful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

6 mins ago, PlumFishing said:

:) Couldn’t resist with this being in the WTB forum. 

Wishing you a quick recovery. 

I’ll sell you two of them.

Edited by fishhappy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Willing to split?

 

PF can be very agonizing and slow to recover. I wore a brace every night to immobilize the foot and keep the foot foot from extending downward. Sucked. 
 

I froze water bottles and would then roll them on the floor using the bottom of my foot for massage and cooling. Really helped. 
 

Mine bothered me for almost 6 months. 
 

Good luck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My issue was in the morning getting up where it would hurt to walk and after a while the pain wasn't so bad but still there. I saw a foot specialist and he took X-Rays then he stuck a 5" needle filled with some industrial strength cortizone on the side my heel and Iv'e been good since '07  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ANGCorsair said:

Willing to split?

 

PF can be very agonizing and slow to recover. I wore a brace every night to immobilize the foot and keep the foot foot from extending downward. Sucked. 
 

I froze water bottles and would then roll them on the floor using the bottom of my foot for massage and cooling. Really helped. 
 

Mine bothered me for almost 6 months. 
 

Good luck. 

I did the water bottle roll this morning and had good pain relief. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.