SavannahSurf

Colored mono?

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Hi!

I am new to surf fishing and have a question about line, I am currently using 20 pound braid on my spinning reel but people keep walking into my lines! I have some bright yellow mono someone gave me and I am thinking about changing to that. I mostly fish on Tybee Island GA and just chunk out bait and wait for a bite do you think I should use the mono or stick with what I have?

Stick to what you have. Just raise your rod holder so ppl wont walk into your line or find a beach with less people.

fish 3 rods.  the outside 2 w/30lb screaming yellow fl mono...   no hooks ,no bait,  just sinkers...   they function like traffic cones.   the spacing might need some  work.

Sufix makes neon orange good line too 

You could carry an air horn... That would be more effective! 

The problem is people are dumb jackasses.  If trains continue to hit people, probably weekly, there is not much else louder than a train horn.   

I'm more concerned with birds flying into my line. They have trouble seeing any the green braids. I use all hi-vis mono on bait rods. Your lines should be high enough for people to walk under if your doing it right.