Flukeduke

Rod for Penn 704

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

What's up fellas, I have a question for you guys. I have an old school penn 704z that I got recently and had some custom work done by Beavertail rod and reel ( great customer service and great work BTW very happy with the product they turn out there). 

I'm looking for  a rod to pair up with this reel for the open beaches of long island. I already have a 9' custom rod with a penn 460 reel for the not so snotty outings.  

Was wondering what your thoughts and recommendations would be for a rod on this old workhorse. Thanks in advance.  

What are you doing with it?  Are you 8 and bait fishing for Rays and Brown Sandbar sharks on the ocean or tossing bucktails for Fluke?  Those types of things we needs ta know.

Lamiglass GSB 1321M. Great rod for the open beaches and big surf. It will pair nicely with a 704z.

15 mins ago, Sandbar1 said:

Lamiglass GSB 1321M. Great rod for the open beaches and big surf. It will pair nicely with a 704z.

What sandbar said.  This is the rod that almost everyone will recommend to pair with this reel.  

Did Dave install a 706 roller? It's an awesome mod. He put one in my 704Z, love it but I use it from my boat with an old Daiwa rod.

If you're referring to his custom made manual bailless kit. Yes he did. I have not used the reel yet but am looking forward to giving it a good workout this fall. Dave  does great work and customer service that is 2nd to none.