beret

Netflix " The Crown"

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

Guys, not a smoker and quite honestly detest it as both my parents died 12 day apart at age 65 to lung cancer......both smokers their whole life. That said we are watching "The Crown" on netfix and really enjoy it.........but is is possible the royal family, despite folks  dying of lung cancer continued to smoke as much as they do ??  It seems they light up as soon as they wake up,all day,before,during and after sex, just because.........curious is this just for TV or can they possibly have smoked that much............just asking because it is almost hard to believe.......thanks.

Yeah, people smoked a lot. I understand the need to put it in period shows and movies, but there's a lot of contemporary shows that seem to put it in for "coolness". Should be illegal IMO. Makes me wonder if there's some payola involved.

u_queauuoemkdrhscrgsvg.png

Yeah, it always amazes me when conversations about smokers come up and I do not think smokers realized less than 15% of the poplulation still smoke and most are probably teenagers. We have no friends, no neighbors or know any smokers other that two relatives who we see once a year at our house on Thanksgiving. They go out on the deck to smoke and always ask where the ashtray is.........and I always give them the same answer,,,,,,the old coffee can with water in it that goes directly into the trash as soon as you leave.............yuch

Posted (edited) · Report post

3 mins ago, Jimichanga said:

Yeah, let's make it illegal to show anything on television you don't like.

aQdMOzK_460s.jpg

and what would that smart comment have anything to do with my post about a show that was stated we enjoy.....reading comprehension is a skill.........

Edited by beret

16 mins ago, gellfex said:

Yeah, people smoked a lot. I understand the need to put it in period shows and movies, but there's a lot of contemporary shows that seem to put it in for "coolness". Should be illegal IMO. Makes me wonder if there's some payola involved.

u_queauuoemkdrhscrgsvg.png

8 mins ago, Jimichanga said:

Yeah, let's make it illegal to show anything on television you don't like.

aQdMOzK_460s.jpg

5 mins ago, beret said:

and what would that smart comment have anything to do with my post about a show that was stated we enjoy.....reading comprehension is a skill.........

He may have been responding to gellfex.

I think the early periods filmed, in what 1950s and up through the 60s were when cigarettes were at their peak. I have photos of my parents, uncles and aunts and everyone has a smoke in their hand back then . John lithgow as Winston Churchill was great!

31 mins ago, Slack Tidings said:

Landru paid a buddy in Maine 2 pizzas to smoke his cock apparently.

I think it was 3 but that’s just cutting hairs I suppose 

5 hours ago, Jimichanga said:

Gellfex is dumbass

Not as dumb as someone who mistakes being addicted to deadly drugs that enrich giant corporations for freedom. 

I am in the process of quitting after 31 years (maybe 32?). Smoked my first one at about 10, and not counting that or the ones during camping and sleepovers from 11-16. (We’d grab a pack at a machine in the local diner and puff away). 
I am pack a day since 16, probably 1 and a half to two with bursts of 2-3+ for 31 years. Wake up and have one immediately, coffee with 1-2, working smoke constantly, before and after dinner, before bed and sometimes after bed I’d wake up and have one. Just an absolute chimney. 
Had some surgery for GI issues July 6 and figured since I’d be in the hospital for a few days would quit.
Well, quitting sucks, it’s been kind of miserable, but I’ve gone almost a month and I’m going to keep at it. 
I have a pretty decent 401k going on and have been paying into SS since 14y/o, and want to be around to spend it. I keep smoking I’ll drop dead in 10 years. 
Here’s where the app I’m using has me at this point. Just the money alone is ****ing crazy. 

2EBD5714-7798-42DE-8C04-845E2CEE8E84.jpeg