Need a recommendation for a good walking shoe / sneaker

Rate this topic

JBreese1

9 hours ago, JBreese1 said:

SueBert2, I am taking one dose in the A.M. and one at Bedtime. The problem is I peak and valley. I am sure if I woke up at 3:00 A.M. and checked my BP it would be low. The next step is probably smaller dose in the A.M. another mid-day and larger at night.

Jim

Glad they are trying different spacing of the meds.  I guess it takes some time to regulate.  Hope they figure it out sooner, rather than later.  :) 

I know I fish like a girl....try to keep up

19 hours ago, JBreese1 said:

Hi all, I need first hand recommendations for a good walking shoe or sneaker. I WILL NOT BUY NIKE, THEY CAN EAT A BAG OF DICKS !!! Since my last surgery I have had many more complications. Weight gain, water retention, and breathing issue's. After a C.T. scan they found I was in congestive heart failure. I had severe fluid retention around my heart and lungs. It was compressing the artery from my heart to my lungs and caused an enlargement of the right side of my heart. The good news is that they put me on a strong diuretic. I lost 8 #'s the first two days and now am down from 233 to 218 in about 3 weeks. I have also drastically changed my diet. The wife and I are walking every day pushing for 10,000 steps. I do well some days, not so good on others. Now the problem is my feet. At night as soon as I lay down my feet start burning, tingling, and feel cold. I feel like I have sausage toes or have rolls of stuff between my toes. I CANNOT SLEEP. This happens almost every night. We saw a pattern developing. The further I walk during the day, the worst my feet are at night. Thurs I was feeling ****** and did not walk at all and my feet were so much better Thurs night. Yesterday , Fri. we did about 5 Mi. Last night was horrific. I was up past 4:00 A.M. I was ready to cut my feet off. At first we though it might have been from one of my many med's, but I think it's my cheap sneakers. Please let me know what you fitness guru's recommend. This is just for walking, I would croak if I tried to jog or run.

Thanks

Jim

I'm 70, type 1 diabetic for 50 years, and suffer from the same type sleeping problems as you. I wear these, https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-tower-hill-lace-up-shoes-41207.html?dwvar_41207_color=BRN&cgid=mens-footwear-shoes&ev3=#start=18&cgid=mens-footwear-shoes ,

extremely light and super comfortable, may be the most comfortable shoe I've ever worn. I don't walk much because of my physical problems so can't say how they will hold up but they sure are comfortable.

fishinambition  Posted June 30 ·After a decade and a half of trolling and disrupting the website, frank's finally fed up with Tim's bull****