CWitek

ASMFC to discuss new bass amendment next week

Rate this topic

66 posts in this topic

1 min ago, Saltfruit said:

I see.

Another note of importance for in-state legislature this year then.

I was somewhat shocked when I saw the 2020 regs, MD being among the most relaxed.

Ugly to discover it's been a historical trend, rather than unordinary legislature.

It's all being driven by the current administration.

In the years immediately prior to Hogan, Maryland was reasonably conservation-friendly at the ASMFC.  Of course, if you go back even farther, they were much as they are today.

41 mins ago, CWitek said:

It's all being driven by the current administration.

In the years immediately prior to Hogan, Maryland was reasonably conservation-friendly at the ASMFC.  Of course, if you go back even farther, they were much as they are today.

Resources taken for granted.

Proximity to treasure numbing the senses.

Hearing old, bay fishing exploits is always sad, about how people just pulled fish out of the water because they could.

Covid-19 has softened some of the public opinion of Hogan, but as more and more presidential rumours leak, pathways like these speak loudly. 

The Potomac River fisheries commission enacted the summer closure, when MD opted out of it in the rest of the bay. I’m not sure if they want to ease regulations on the same level as jersey, del and md but I wouldn’t doubt they would lean that way. The summer closure makes them look leagues better than md del and jersey tho. Big time. 

Edited by linesiderdemdnj

Charlie: What was the DE rep's "Woe is us" speech about yesterday, claiming that Delaware has historically "suffered" more than other states?  He made it quite clear that he wanted this rectified in future plans.

2 hours ago, Roccus7 said:

Charlie: What was the DE rep's "Woe is us" speech about yesterday, claiming that Delaware has historically "suffered" more than other states?  He made it quite clear that he wanted this rectified in future plans.

Delaware’s commercial quota was supposedly based on different standards than that of the other states.  Right now, all states are supposed to be at 100% of their average annual landings for the years 1972-1979.  Not sure why that didn’t apply to Delaware—or perhaps those years just didn’t work out for Delaware, and different base years would have served them better—but they’re looking for more commercial fish.

16 mins ago, CWitek said:

Delaware’s commercial quota was supposedly based on different standards than that of the other states.  Right now, all states are supposed to be at 100% of their average annual landings for the years 1972-1979.  Not sure why that didn’t apply to Delaware—or perhaps those years just didn’t work out for Delaware, and different base years would have served them better—but they’re looking for more commercial fish.

I figured it was something along those lines, thanks.