Surf Hunter

I'm really surprised

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

48 mins ago, Surf Hunter said:

that no one has started a thread yet about those wee lil mackerel type fish being caught.   

Give it a bit more time & I bet somebody will post a pic or 2.... GhostFishSlayer is probably out chasing them right now.... Him along with 200 other "Lil Mackerel" freaks.   I must say I'd sure love to put a popper over one with the right attitude...  After about 5 minutes into the fight I'd hand off the rod to you Tom...............Stay Healthy.......... Mike

7 mins ago, Mike Fixter said:

Give it a bit more time & I bet somebody will post a pic or 2.... GhostFishSlayer is probably out chasing them right now.... Him along with 200 other "Lil Mackerel" freaks.   I must say I'd sure love to put a popper over one with the right attitude...  After about 5 minutes into the fight I'd hand off the rod to you Tom...............Stay Healthy.......... Mike

Yeah, and put me in for the next three hours. :scared:

i went yesterday.. ran about 18 miles out and weather turned nasty trolled for a couple miles.. took a few wind waves over the bow and decided nah going home.. my buddy willie fu got one thursday 140 lbs...it was as big as him

Edited by ghostfish slayer

On 8/1/2020 at 8:05 AM, Mike Fixter said:

I must say I'd sure love to put a popper over one with the right attitude...  After about 5 minutes into the fight I'd hand off the rod to you Tom...............Stay Healthy.......... Mike

I do the same with my son and striper, after I see the top water explosion and first run, I am satisfied, here you go son see if you can beach him! Kid had one this year I handed off on father's day of all days that scared him a little bit when it started to peel line and head shake, was a good fish maybe 10-15lbs, he slacked and lost it, lesson learned. I too would like to pop a Blue or Yellow fin, definitely bucket list, but I am with Mike, let someone else's back take the punishment, preferably a teenager, they seem to have them selves convinced they are indestructible.