Lagerhead

Tic Toc... what’s the problem?

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

^^^^^ Exactly!

Let's see....you use an app (created in China) on your cellphone, and all you know about the app is you can create and send out idiotic self-absorbed videos of yourself, but don't know if that same app can send all of your personal data to a Chinese hacker?

 

Yeah, what could be wrong with that?:banghd:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its like the chinese drywall that was installed south florida that turned out to be a great way to promote the spread of black mold.

Instead of mold, tik-tok harvests your personal data and your secret porn stash only to use it against you at a critical period in your future.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 mins ago, SallyGrowler said:

Its like the chinese drywall that was installed south florida that turned out to be a great way to promote the spread of black mold.

Instead of mold, tik-tok harvests your personal data and your secret porn stash only to use it against you at a critical period in your future.

 

 

Let’s not forget Vermont Castings using Chinese steel to save a few bucks and they hence prematurely rust out, leading the firm to go bankrupt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FishermanTim said:

^^^^^ Exactly!

Let's see....you use an app (created in China) on your cellphone, and all you know about the app is you can create and send out idiotic self-absorbed videos of yourself, but don't know if that same app can send all of your personal data to a Chinese hacker?

 

Yeah, what could be wrong with that?:banghd:

 

So... like any other app. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lagerhead said:

The president wants to shut it down. What harm can come from it?

well for starters, teenagers can have fun with it so :dismay:

42 mins ago, Lagerhead said:

So... like any other app. Lol

exactly, thank you! we'll ban the rest of them too. just like india did because we should definitely do what india does :wee: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

Ok, it looks like the issue is censorship and, more importantly, the Chinese government asking for user registration data if the see something they don’t like.

 

China is working very hard to rid the internet of anything remotely negative concerning the Chinese government and going after anyone who posts anti ccp stuff.

 

So in conclusion... good shoot President Trump.

Edited by Lagerhead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 mins ago, Lagerhead said:

Ok, it looks like the issue is censorship and, more importantly, the Chinese government asking for user registration data if the see something they don’t like.

 

China is working very hard to rid the internet of anything remotely negative concerning the Chinese government and going after anyone who posts anti ccp stuff.

 

So in conclusion... good shoot President Trump.

yes, the best way to defeat censorship is always with moar censorship :th: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rocco said:

yes, the best way to defeat censorship is always with moar censorship :th: 

Agreed, absolutely no need to censor or regulate it. If your dumb enough to expose your device and your data to a data mining commie propaganda app then you might just pay the stupid tax down the road. Meanwhile for the rest of us who actually vet what software/apps we use on our devices life will go on. I have zero need for big bro to hold my hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.