luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - August 2020

Rate this topic

39 posts in this topic

So August only yielded 2 pages of reports, vs. July with 4 pages.  I know it is the hottest month, with closures to deal with, and crowded beaches, and flies, but do you think the few reports are the result of...

A. Lack of people going fishing (or fishing elsewhere than AI)?

B. Lack of people catching fish?

C. Lack of people willing to give reports about catching/not catching?

Or any combination of those?  Hope everyone's September is grand!  Tight lines.

13 hours ago, Hammy said:

So August only yielded 2 pages of reports, vs. July with 4 pages.  I know it is the hottest month, with closures to deal with, and crowded beaches, and flies, but do you think the few reports are the result of...

I was able to make one August trip, mostly to get the rust off for the fall and I have to say that the fishing was great.  Sharks, rays, spot, Kingfish, Bluefish.  Busy all day.  I'd guess that the COVID19 issues kept more people from being able to spend time at the beach.  It's expensive to go to the beach in the summer as well and people are watching their pennies.  The closures on AIMD probable kept a lot of fishermen away too.  I switched over to the North Side of AI/VA in July and there were not a lot of people out there which surprised me given that's prime vacation time.  Here's to a great fall Drum run.  :) 

not for nothing, i haven't been on the beach since beginning of June, before the closures.  Its hard for me to get motivated when you cant drive past the bullpen, but that is just me...

13 hours ago, luckyOC said:

not for nothing, i haven't been on the beach since beginning of June, before the closures.  Its hard for me to get motivated when you cant drive past the bullpen, but that is just me...

I haven't fished the beach since the last weekend of Sept 2019......

:(

You won't catch me down there this weekend.  It is going to be a circus.  The temporary bullpen was already tight enough, can't imagine what it will be like this weekend.  All my favorite spots are past the usual bullpen as well.

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 8/31/2020 at 9:17 PM, Hammy said:

It’s a bit late, but I was skunked the weekend of the 21st in Cape Henlopen - Ocean on Friday and Fishing Pier on Saturday.

This was my first experience with DE beaches. While the Pier was a bit of a circus, that was expected. I did enjoy the openness vs S. Jersey surf.

I’m planning another weekend in Sept and trying to decide between DE or Jersey. I do want to give Indian River Inlet a shot.

Edited by SeanMac