Matty123

Baitcaster for T&W ( cross post)

3 posts in this topic

Avet SX leverdrag. Not sure what your budget is but for the money, this reel is going to last you a lifetime with minimal maintenance so consider longevity as a part of your decision. Also made in the USA. If you find you want to fish lead core line, you may consider the Avet MX as it will hold a bit more line.  

However, just about any 20 or 30 sized lever drag or even a star drag should work. You really don't need more than 10-15 pounds of drag assuming you are fishing for stripers. 

22 hours ago, NHAngler said:

Avet SX leverdrag. Not sure what your budget is but for the money, this reel is going to last you a lifetime with minimal maintenance so consider longevity as a part of your decision. Also made in the USA. If you find you want to fish lead core line, you may consider the Avet MX as it will hold a bit more line.  

However, just about any 20 or 30 sized lever drag or even a star drag should work. You really don't need more than 10-15 pounds of drag assuming you are fishing for stripers. 

I nabbed an avet yesterday. I have a brand new Jarvis Walker 6’6” Rod that an old friend left me when he passed. It was one of a few rods he left me. Ill finally get to put it to use.