Blank Disc

Lyme

Rate this topic

38 posts in this topic

Who has had it? How many times? I think I got it. Second time. Last time was ~5 years ago. Gonna go get the test tomorrow (lyme and other tick borne illnesses) and hopefully some horse pills. Been sleeping a lot and joints / muscles are shot. Let's hear your stories. 

 

Ticks and deer everywhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

Everytime I pull a tick (attached) that hasn't been there long, I take a 200mg amoxicillin (Dr writes a script)   If it's been there awhile (12hr + or unknown) I go on the full course. 

 

I treat all my outdoor clothes with permithein (not sure I spelled that right)  Im in the woods alot.  I watch ticks crawl up my treated clothes. Stand up and fall backwards dead. 

 

I also use deet on top of that. 

 

Prevention is the best method of treatment. 

 

I tested positive about 10years ago. Took the antibiotics. Then in 2015 I got bit by a cat and ended up in the hospital. I asked them to check for lyme and they said if I test positive after this it'll be miracle. I was on 6grams of a antibiotic mix 3x a day.  

 

I always ask for a screen when my bloodwork gets done yearly. So far so good. 

 

I know a few people that have been thru extensive treatments. 

 

One guy told me adamantly, push for 30days+ of antibiotics. Doc will argue it but his science says it works.   And he showed little problems. 

 

A lady ended up with a tube to her heart for medicine. It hit her hard.  Don't know how she ended up. I quit that job.  

 

Edited by PSegnatelli

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully you guys are feeling better and her as well?? 

We use permanone, permethrin, I think is the active ingredient . And deet?  Probably some kind derivative as well .. OFF Man ...  I spend some x in the woods but lucky enough , I never got sick .. Don't know how? .. Pulled plenty of them off me though ..  Spray myself t to b .. Tuck everything  in and check myself, they are so f small sometimes it's almost impossible .. 

Stay well guys .. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Permethrin goes on clothing.  Wet, and let dry.   Deet goes on skin.   The other way around is both bad for your health and ineffective.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2018 both me and my dog got a tick born illness, we both got weak, tired all day and my body began to hurt. He got really  sick first, fast, and we thought he would die. When we took him to the vet they did a bunch of tests and concluded it was a tick illness Other than Lyme he and was put on black antibiotics, it was either doxy or minocycline.

I went to the doctor was tested, and it was a tick born illness, not Lyme. And was put on minocycline for two months.

The dog got better, except he could never walk as far and his arthritis seemed to get worse. I can’t say anything was permanent with me afterward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Blank Disc said:

Who has had it? How many times? I think I got it. Second time. Last time was ~5 years ago. Gonna go get the test tomorrow (lyme and other tick borne illnesses) and hopefully some horse pills. Been sleeping a lot and joints / muscles are shot. Let's hear your stories. 

 

Ticks and deer everywhere. 

I got it years ago and got it early with doxycycline haven't had and issues since

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 mins ago, 55555s said:

Permethrin goes on clothing.  Wet, and let dry.   Deet goes on skin.   The other way around is both bad for your health and ineffective.   

Yes. Definitely follow the directions!!!

 

It's actually a nerve agent.  I was applying it once outside. Breeze blew a tinybit in my face.  My mouth went numb and I lost all sense of taste & smell for a few hours.   

Now I make sure I have a good windblock when I apply (entrance to garage, doors open, fans pointing outwards)  hang all my garments, spray, and let them sit for 2+ hours.  

 

Another forum I'm on a guy mixes it up in a gallon pesticide sprayer.  That sketches me out a little so I buy the Sawyer spray bottles. 

 

Deadly to cats and rabbits.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, PSegnatelli said:

Deadly to cats

 

Permethrin is brutal to aquatic ecosystems as well, at least until its dried and bonds to the fabric (which it wont do if applied to skin).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 mins ago, 55555s said:

 

Permethrin is brutal to aquatic ecosystems as well, at least until its dried and bonds to the fabric (which it wont do if applied to skin).  

Did not know that.   

 

Sucks it works so good.  Always wonder what it does to the body.   And is it any worse than the oodles of unknown chemicals we probably injest daily.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 mins ago, PSegnatelli said:

Did not know that.   

 

Sucks it works so good.  Always wonder what it does to the body.   And is it any worse than the oodles of unknown chemicals we probably injest daily.  

It probably can’t be worse than Taco Bell for the body. When I was a boy, we didn’t have ticks like we do now. You could go into the woods and not worry. Now, every trip, we rake ticks off our clothes. There are more deer around, but the ticks must be at 100,000 for every deer. Even people walking pets near the woods, at the edge by the road, are getting ticks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My best friend who still lives in old Lyme along with me he was one of the first known cases in the 70’s he was at Yale for months testing Until they figured out what they thought he had .I’ve had it to along with Bell’s palsy a side affect they say of Lyme 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In 2008 I had it bad. Dr didn’t want to test due to false positives. After 6 weeks I was at the hospital getting IV treatment for 10 days.

 

I have pictures of my foot at each dr visit. It was amazing that they sent me for X rays for a potential break, a podiatrist, and a rheumatologist before the finally sent me to infection disease.  

 

I have had had it several times since, but got a new dr that will treat known bites ASAP. 

 

I also had Babesiosis as well. Another tick born illness. 

 

I hunt a lot, so I know I am higher risk for tick bites. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 mins ago, ged said:

I have had had it several times since, but got a new dr that will treat known bites ASAP. 

My doctor will write a two week prescription for doxycycline off of a phone call saying "hey doc, I just pulled off a tick".  The script costs $13.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Slacker said:

My doctor will write a two week prescription for doxycycline off of a phone call saying "hey doc, I just pulled off a tick".  The script costs $13.

Yes, I need to get this set up. 

 

Went to urgent care this weekend and then ER...on Doxy now and will see how it goes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.