hiroshi808

Recommendations for Salmon Steelhead Rod

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I currently have a St Croix Avid Salmon Steelhead Rod, great rod. I do light weight shoreline casting, distance and sensitivity on bites and structures. 

Seems they won't have something similar, due to the Covid. Back ordered too October. 

Any other recommendations? 

I have a G Loomis Float Spinning Rod 12'3 that I use with sub 20g jigs from shore and sometime with flies. It's actually pretty good at casting jigs and sensitive enough to work small flies 2-5g lures 

Lamiglas has a large variety of rods in all price points, the graphite grips are durable, easy to keep clean , and slide out of a rocket launcher, or sand spike clean if need be.

I usually cast 1/2, 3/4, 1oz egg leads. Notice their is some variety on Lamiglass and G Loomis Versus just a St Croix Avid.

I Prefer 9'6ft-11ft due to casting distance. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

12 hours ago, hiroshi808 said:

I usually cast 1/2, 3/4, 1oz egg leads. Notice their is some variety on Lamiglass and G Loomis Versus just a St Croix Avid.

I Prefer 9'6ft-11ft due to casting distance. 

I'm kinda looking for something in this range as well 1/2 - 1 1/2 oz, 10-11', Under $200... Good luck in your hunt, if you find something, please post it up

Butch

Edited by Midnightpass