Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shu

MC works slow hand series rod

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

anyone care to share some of your experiences with MC works slow hand series rods? I am looking to purchase a stickbait rod but I can't find too much information on some of these Japanese manufactured rods. 

I have Akabaras and an Explosion. Explosion is on the same line of Slow Hand to target yellow tail and Tuna so they tend to be softer and ideal for stickbaits than the stiff-tipped popping rods. If you’ve used Ripple Fishers and Yamagas, they feel similar. I compared the Explosion with Temple Reef Stealth, Yamaga Blue Sniper, and Graphite Leader Barlette of similar ratings and length and the the first 3 felt the same. MC Works are really top notch with mostly Titanium guides.

I have a Slow Hand 875 (SH875PD). 

Haven't used it much and I'm currently away from home. 

It's meant for fishing stickbaits (pretty specifically stickbaits rather than anything else) with PE 5 or 6. Long casts. Suits 10000 or 14000 size reel. 'Folds away' with the weight of a large fish. 

1 hour ago, Steg said:

I have a Slow Hand 875 (SH875PD). 

Haven't used it much and I'm currently away from home. 

It's meant for fishing stickbaits (pretty specifically stickbaits rather than anything else) with PE 5 or 6. Long casts. Suits 10000 or 14000 size reel. 'Folds away' with the weight of a large fish. 

very nice, I want a rod specifically for just stickbaits both sinking and floating. I will probably get a more dedicated popping rod for poppers.