ermghoti

Good-Ass Deals at Wally World

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

My local store has tons of fishing crap on clearance, because obviously nobody is ever going to fish in August through September [/sarcasm]. I stocked up on a few things that were cheap anyway, plus a buck or two off, but there were also some pretty startling prices.

Examples: bone Mag Darter 5" $3.25, yellow pearl SP Minnow $2.00, small Bombers in various colors $0.65-$1.00, etc.

Last time I was at a Walmart, their fishing tackle section was cleaned out.

The woman  working in that Section told me that COVID 19 has shut down their supply lines and they simply can’t get any stock to fill their shelves with.

I guess you should consider yourself lucky that your store has tackle and that they’re blowing it out at good prices.

Actually, it was mostly empty. I assumed it was related to the blowout, but I hadn't considered that was a consequence of their insistence on stocking almost entirely Chinese drek. Same was not true of Bass Pro a few weeks back.

2 hours ago, valentine said:

Last time I was at a Walmart, their fishing tackle section was cleaned out.

The woman  working in that Section told me that COVID 19 has shut down their supply lines and they simply can’t get any stock to fill their shelves with.

I guess you should consider yourself lucky that your store has tackle and that they’re blowing it out at good prices.

I unfortunately had to go to Walmart in Carle Place today...while I was there I ran over to the fishing dept..shelves are just decimated...90% gone...seriously.

11 hours ago, ermghoti said:

My local store has tons of fishing crap on clearance, because obviously nobody is ever going to fish in August through September [/sarcasm]. I stocked up on a few things that were cheap anyway, plus a buck or two off, but there were also some pretty startling prices.

Examples: bone Mag Darter 5" $3.25, yellow pearl SP Minnow $2.00, small Bombers in various colors $0.65-$1.00, etc.

Wow, nice score all around. You got lucky !

24 mins ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

I'm glad i have enough stuff to last 10 lifetimes 

Yeah, I’ve been stashing stuff for almost 50 years.

I don’t think I’ll run out of anything...except time, LOL.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I hit the local wally just a couple minutes ago.   The clearance items seem so arbitrary-  certain hooks but not others of the same style, one flavor of doughbaits but not others, one size of weight but not others.

No great deals to be had here, clearance items are only about 10% off.   I was hunting for gulp! and another minnow trap for boy child #2.  

Edited by 55555s

My wal mart just must’ve gotten stocked last week. I got a few xraps for 5 bucks a piece. They only thing they really had were rat l traps and xraps. They had nothing left for throwing any sort of bait.