jlapenta

Campsite at Winter Island, Aug12-17

12 posts in this topic

The tournament has been canceled, but I would like to go and fish.  The site I has supposed to be in is not available (long story), so wondering if anyone booked a site for the Tournament, isn't going , and would like to transfer registration at the whatever the cost is.  My wife is going to join me and try out her new kayak if we find a site.

Thx all!!

You can also camp In West Gloucester and also have great fishing spots within a short drive away or take the 20 minute drive south and fish in your favorite Salem fishing spots. 

Place is called "Cape Ann Camp Site". 

A1A11A44-F7C0-459A-A716-F956BF0B567E.png

You can troll a tube for a few miles from the Aniisquam to Halibut Point and beyond and produces well at night. You can put in at the ballfield.

Launch right here from Plum Cove Beach.

Park at the ballfield.

69DCCFDA-DCDD-4A22-813A-EF6398A3F189.png

If there is too much West SW wind launch from Pebble Beach in Rockport and fish the islands.

C2A30E26-A5DE-45E8-9D62-FDF1E28E9167.png

Thx Riddler!!!!!
Got site at Winter Island (finally), my wife is coming along.  I am hoping to get up to Gloucester to try some of the locations you suggested.

Nice!  I am here right now with the lady getting sea glass at Waikiki Beach.  The squid are all over from Cape Ann to Boston and bass are actively moving south.   Have fun.

BFD57DA1-5626-431D-88BC-622255DA009C.jpeg

That little beach is loaded. The gravel sand gets them nice and soft.  Sometimes you can get rare black there, blues, and more often pink.  White dominates.

Ok who turned up the heat up here. Hotter up here then on the Island.  Windy too. 15-20 mph right now.  Tomorrow is another day.

08DC5D42-6CFA-40FC-A00B-04FC4B5C8934.jpeg

You guys have to get out there at night if the winds lay down. If you can't find fish there head to Devereaux Beach in Marblehead. Your timing is good right now. The SW chilled the water out.  Should be good tubing  in the rocks too.

Had a great time at Winter Island.   Didn't fish as hard as usual, as my wife joined me.  Got her out on the kayak (no fishing for her, lol),  did some site-seeing and lots of dinners out.  Fished out of the campsite, lots of shorts, as usual.