AlwaysWading

DC Baitcasters ??

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Main purpose i got the DC was for only throwing lures either beach or boat and when set up correctly no issues,just got to know wind direction change.But that's the case for any BC,lots of youtube info on DC reels.

They work. I’ve had a Shimano Calais for years.  It controls the backlash so well it’s all I throw anymore.  Freshwater only though.  Don’t know about salt use.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I've had them going back to the Calcutta DC Gen 1...my favorite out of all of the ones I've owned (never owned Antares or exsence DC) is the slx DC. 

Setting #1 and 5/8oz biffle head I can dump to the knot with 30lb Berkley x5... 

Setting 1 is great for up close power fishing... Setting 2 for all around... Setting 4 you can cast into a brick wall without a bad overrun or cast hard straight up into the air and not have to thumb. 

I prefer the slx to the metanium DC and curado DC due to its size and lack of tiny gear teeth (micro module) that don't seem to last long with me. 

I think the slx DC is the best sub 200$in baitcaster. 

Very controlled without being restrictive.. 

I can do anything that a magged centrifugal braked reel can do and get max distance without drama 

Edited by scoobydoo

Curado is great

I mostly use it on the 2 setting that's minimal breaking because I still like to control the spool with my thumb its mostly just habit at this point.

The 4 setting is also really helpful when throwing really light lures, they don't go as far but you also don't have to worry about a wicked backlash that would take up most of your fishing time trying to pick out.