fishfinder401

small diamond jigs

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

does anyone know a good place to get those small diamond jigs with the hook molded into them? I never bought any but always ran across them in bins of used tackle and enjoyed using them for scup.

I found one brand selling them on amazon  but wasn't sure if there were any other options

Thanks

Can't help on where to get them but do You mind telling me how you fish them?

Bait? Gulp? Boat or shore?

I have some pompano jigs i brought back from FL.  Haven't tried them on scup. But in FL I stuck a shrimp on them. 

0000059_wacky-pompano-jig-2-pack_550.jpeg

When I think "small diamond jigs with the hook molded in" I'm assuming you're talking about mackerel jigs, a lot of them are 1/3oz for some reason. I googled "mackerel diamond jigs" and quickly foound plenty of links to Bead Bridgeport Diamond jigs, the sub-ounce sizes are the one piece jigs I'm thinking of.

12 mins ago, ermghoti said:

When I think "small diamond jigs with the hook molded in" I'm assuming you're talking about mackerel jigs, a lot of them are 1/3oz for some reason. I googled "mackerel diamond jigs" and quickly foound plenty of links to Bead Bridgeport Diamond jigs, the sub-ounce sizes are the one piece jigs I'm thinking of.

Oh yeah I think thats them! Good to know what that type of jig actually is called

Posted (edited) · Report post

I don't know if that's literally what the're called, but that's what I've always seen them used for. Works as a search term though.

Edited by ermghoti

1 hour ago, fishfinder401 said:

Oh yeah I think thats them! Good to know what that type of jig actually is called

Got a lot of them.  What colors would you like?

Posted (edited) · Report post

4 hours ago, fishfinder401 said:

does anyone know a good place to get those small diamond jigs with the hook molded into them? I never bought any but always ran across them in bins of used tackle and enjoyed using them for scup.

I found one brand selling them on amazon  but wasn't sure if there were any other options

Thanks

Are you talking about the small mackerel jigs like these?  I jig deadly ducks for scup when I’m waiting for albies to show sometimes- they work great.

0740A826-09BA-4C60-8328-9D075E2AF33F.jpeg

Edited by Fitzy