ATBfish

Which Avid to get?

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

I recently got a stradic fl 4000 and have it paired on my 6’6” mh tidemaster for back bay  fishing off my kayak and inlet fishing. I am ready to upgrade the rod. I fish lures everything from 3/8 to 2oz max. I was leaning heavily towards a MH again in a 7’ mostly because I don’t want to have a 7’6 rod on my kayak. I was also looking at a medium but I throw 1.5 oz lures regularly in the inlet and am worried about the medium not being able to handle that. Any advice is appreciated. 

If you’re going to throw above an ounce, I would get the MH. You can use it for lighter lures too whereas the M will limit you as you go heavier.

Agreed. 7' MH all the way. I have the 7'6" MH that I use from my kayak and love that rod. I prefer longer rods though. I'm used to them and it helps clear the nose of the kayak. Also, I prefer the slightly longer handle.

Posted (edited) · Report post

If you can, it sounds like you should just wait until the new Mojo Inshores coming out in a month or two. Same blank, ~$50 less

but if you already have a MH tidemaster than why not a M. An M will handle most back bay stuff and give you more option rather than two MH’s

Edited by Jason B

On 7/31/2020 at 9:12 PM, Jason B said:

If you can, it sounds like you should just wait until the new Mojo Inshores coming out in a month or two. Same blank, ~$50 less

but if you already have a MH tidemaster than why not a M. An M will handle most back bay stuff and give you more option rather than two MH’s

I already have some mojo m rods I more so just wanted an avid lol. I recently broke my other tidemaster and was going to do st croixs upgrade plan. I may wait and just get the new mojo inshore. Looks like a sweet rod. Then I won’t have to pay the fee+upgrade difference.