ErikT

Hook size chart per lure?

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Been awhile since I purchased replacement trebles and I'm thinking this fall I will be out and about a lot more than the past few years...

I'm certain there must be a chart out here somewhere but my search didn't yield any results.  Looking for a chart that shows the standard sizes for common lures... 

Bombers 6" & 7"

SP Minnows \ Yozo

Mag Darters... 

MegaBait's

I "think" I used to get 1\0 for Bombers and 2\0 for the Mag Darters... although they were smaller in size they always had bigger hooks... 

Anyway, if anyone has any kind of chart with recommended hook sizes for common lures, I'd appreciate it. 

Thank you,

ErikT

I'm interested as well maybe spoons should be included? I'm trying to figure out what size bucktail single hook for 2-3oz spoons. (kastmaster and Krocs)

On 7/31/2020 at 9:03 AM, ErikT said:

I "think" I used to get 1\0 for Bombers and 2\0 for the Mag Darters... although they were smaller in size they always had bigger hooks... 

I've heard 1/0 6x will dampen the action of the plug so I stick with 2/0 VMC 4x Strong for the 6" Bomber, SP Minnows, & the Mag Darter. I don't throw the Bomber 17A or MegaBaits