Mainiac

What happened to us ?

Rate this topic

95 posts in this topic

We used to be a country of proud people. We worked hard, took care of our children and elderly. We followed the laws of God and man alike. We did our best to help those who needed it and asked for nothing in return.

Now we're divided into seperate interests whose only concern is what we can get for nothing. Shunning those who see things differently and showing little to no compassion for others.

It's a very sad thing to see.

I have always loved this country and the great things it stands for. Now all I feel is a sense of anxiety and dread over what kind of people we becoming.

Shame to all of us. Shame to us elders to have let our American way of life slide into the abyss. Shame on you youth for not having the foresight to see what you're ignorance is creating.

I truly fear for the America my grandchildren will inherit. 

God bless and save our America.

Same as we ever were. Diff. is social media has it out in the open. Can't even piss on a tree without a F.U.-Tube vid.

1 min ago, SB59 said:

Same as we ever were. Diff. is social media has it out in the open. Can't even piss on a tree without a F.U.-Tube vid.

Yep

11 mins ago, Slack Tidings said:

it’s one of the simple joys.

You ever tried shitting a beach chair?  

I'm still the same, and yes "we" are divided. I'm also still proud to be an American!

Although, I'm apparently a racist because I feel no guilt, well certainly not enough guilt to pay reparations, married for 29 years (still), have 2 successful, educated and independent  daughters.... Education my wife and I paid for.... Here's a big one - employer provided medical coverage, pension, stock plan.

Perhaps I share some of the blame for my past indifference to the happenings around me.

57 mins ago, Mainiac said:

Shame to us elders to have let our American way of life slide into the abyss

But now I know it's time for me to take a stand for what I feel is good for this country and my family. I throw up a big middle finger to the "movement du jour" . After the past several years I'm completely hardened in my views. I've been shown what being passive and cooperative can accomplish.

5 mins ago, ChumSlickJon said:

You ever tried shitting a beach chair?  

Did Tim kill autocorrect because Asrod turned 21?

1 hour ago, Mainiac said:

Shame to us elders to have let our American way of life slide into the abyss.

Ya see, you answered your own question..

What happened to us is we got old, we became irrelevant, we refused to change....... When I say we, I mean you.

The kids today will be fine, our Country will remain great. You'll die, the World will go on,  and fifty years from now the sixty year olds will be making the same post you are..... 

1 min ago, ByronPA said:

The kids today will be fine, our Country will remain great. You'll die, the World will go on,  and fifty years from now the sixty year olds will be making the same post you are..... 

I'm not surrendering my way of life.  My freedom of speech.  I dont think they plan to stop their **** until the only words spoken are words they approve.