PSegnatelli

Milford Parking ban

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

On 5/4/2021 at 9:32 PM, Mark L said:

I’m all for law enforcement but Milford cops could be real d..ks. They have to do their job I get it but if I’m fishing at 10/11 at night I really don’t think that’s a issue. I may try the I’m fishing sign in.  Some people leave a mess everywhere they go and do the same thing in West Haven. Sand worm boxes, bunker bags and foods containers all over. West Haven put up signs residence parking only, but our side streets near the beach were loaded with out of towners that made a s..t mess everywhere they went. I’m sure parking enforcement will only happen on the weekends and summer holidays. 

I'm down at Anchor Beach all the time. I live close by. and never really see trash around. I don't know how out of towners can park on the side streets, most have  No Parking signs.

I do agree on the part of the "non residents" we'll call them. Other than they bring entire families with them, my experience shows them to be pretty respectful. And I have no idea where they live.

Last season a spanish family had hooked a large ray of some kind. Had a big barb so it wasn't a skate. After checking it out, they gently unhooked it and slid it back into the water. If you go to Gulf, you find dead fish on the rocks, walkways etc.  And maybe I'm there at the wrong times, but Gulf Beach isn't Little Mexico.

In the case of trash, I bring a bag and pick up any that I see, and deposit it in the trash cans at Anchor Beach. You know, the ones filled with bags full of dog crap.

Now the Gulf Beach pier. I'd rather fish at Anchor.

Been living in Milford 35 years haven't seen a bonfire yet.

Now rats on the other hand. Some I've see would kick my dogs butt!

I want to follow up by saying that there is a trash problem at some fishing areas. I/ we have lost a few nice trout fishing spots here in town due to trash and alcohol. One spot on a river I'll leave un named was disgusting. I'd go there a couple times a week, and fill a bag every time.

Maybe I'm just an old cuss, but I do and will call out someone I see dropping trash.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I know those rats you speak of!  

Wife and I were fishin Gulf by that big metal thingy.  

Got dark, a rat the size of a cat sat on my sandworm box and wouldn't budge. I contemplated shooting it.  :rav:

Edited by PSegnatelli

Posted (edited) · Report post

32 mins ago, The TideRunner said:

I'm down at Anchor Beach all the time. I live close by. and never really see trash around. I don't know how out of towners can park on the side streets, most have  No Parking signs.

I do agree on the part of the "non residents" we'll call them. Other than they bring entire families with them, my experience shows them to be pretty respectful. And I have no idea where they live.

Last season a spanish family had hooked a large ray of some kind. Had a big barb so it wasn't a skate. After checking it out, they gently unhooked it and slid it back into the water. If you go to Gulf, you find dead fish on the rocks, walkways etc.  And maybe I'm there at the wrong times, but Gulf Beach isn't Little Mexico.

In the case of trash, I bring a bag and pick up any that I see, and deposit it in the trash cans at Anchor Beach. You know, the ones filled with bags full of dog crap.

Now the Gulf Beach pier. I'd rather fish at Anchor.

Been living in Milford 35 years haven't seen a bonfire yet.

Now rats on the other hand. Some I've see would kick my dogs butt!

I was a bit over he top saying little Mexico and I wasn’t referring to Gulf. Not gonna spot burn any areas or beaches.  And where the hell do they park in your area? 

Edited by Mark L

10 hours ago, Mark L said:

I was a bit over he top saying little Mexico and I wasn’t referring to Gulf. Not gonna spot burn any areas or beaches.  And where the hell do they park in your area? 

Understandable I know exactly what you’re talking about.  But I find them to be respectful of the area. They, anyone, even myself who didn’t get a sticker last year parks along a little park.  Seems PD doesn’t even bother. 
Honestly, I’d they take under sized fish to feed the family I can deal with it.As long as it’s not wasted. Within reason. Maybe one or two. Not fifty. I’d rather see the fish poached for food instead of dead rotting blues on the rocks or the beach. I see it all the time. 
Last story. Was crabbing with a friend. Blue claws not pissing and moaning. An Asian family was crabbing there as well. Keeping everything. We’d release the smalls and they’d yell to us.  No No we take!  Guess who showed up that morning? The man in green. 
That had to be the most expensive dinner they ever had. The important question. Did they learn their lesson?