PSegnatelli

Milford Parking ban

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

Took a ride by Gulf and Anchor beaches last night. Gulf beach has been a cluster fudge. I didn’t see any social distancing. No open parking spots. And big sign

Milford residents only sticker required.

My son said last weekend it was like that too. And 5-0 was there later on checking cars. 

With the COVID thing beaches are now residents only. And PD has been checking

Before COVID enforcement was random. At Anchor beach it was non existent 

Don't know how this affects Silver Sands being a state park.

I don’t blame Milford for putting the lock down on their beaches. Here is West Haven they have signs up for no parking on side streets which has helped keep out of towners out but not all. I see a good number of tickets on cars which is nice to see. I wish we did beach pins like on Ocean City NJ no pin you pay or get the hell out. I pay way too much in taxes and see people from out of town go for free on our beaches. 

And when the do enforce the ban they do in a big way.

Friends daughter was a lifeguard at Gulf Beach. Lived out of town. Her car was ticketed. And PD didn’t care if she was employed there.

And yet I see tons of out of town people fishing at Anchor Beach. And never seen cars tagged there. They even have their own security force in that part of town.

Selective Enforcement I guess. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I’m all for law enforcement but Milford cops could be real d..ks. They have to do their job I get it but if I’m fishing at 10/11 at night I really don’t think that’s a issue. I may try the I’m fishing sign in.  Some people leave a mess everywhere they go and do the same thing in West Haven. Sand worm boxes, bunker bags and foods containers all over. West Haven put up signs residence parking only, but our side streets near the beach were loaded with out of towners that made a s..t mess everywhere they went. I’m sure parking enforcement will only happen on the weekends and summer holidays. 

Edited by Mark L

6 hours ago, Mark L said:

I’m all for law enforcement but Milford cops could be real d..ks. They have to do their job I get it but if I’m fishing at 10/11 at night I really don’t think that’s a issue. I may try the I’m fishing sign in my window. Anchor beach turns into Little Mexico come summer and they say squat to them. They leave a mess everywhere they go and do the same thing in West Haven. Sand worm boxes, bunker bags and foods containers all over. West Haven put up signs residence parking only, but our side streets near the beach were loaded with out of towners that made a s..t mess everywhere they went. I’m sure parking enforcement will only happen on the weekends and summer holidays. 

I hate people that leave messes.  

I'm probably just gonna do what I did last year and stay near the State parks. I hate driving an hour, just to turn around cause I can't find a spot to park. Sucks cause I can't hit my favorite spots. But oh well.  

9 hours ago, Mark L said:

I’m all for law enforcement but Milford cops could be real d..ks. They have to do their job I get it but if I’m fishing at 10/11 at night I really don’t think that’s a issue. I may try the I’m fishing sign in my window. Anchor beach turns into Little Mexico come summer and they say squat to them. They leave a mess everywhere they go and do the same thing in West Haven. Sand worm boxes, bunker bags and foods containers all over. West Haven put up signs residence parking only, but our side streets near the beach were loaded with out of towners that made a s..t mess everywhere they went. I’m sure parking enforcement will only happen on the weekends and summer holidays. 

Probably shouldn’t post racist things. 

37 mins ago, fishoninct said:

Probably shouldn’t post racist things. 

You know your right it was a bit over the top I guess. Sorry about that but it is what I see a lot. I just don’t see the guys surf fishing leaving stuff on the beach and having bomb fires while they fish at night. 

22 hours ago, Mark L said:

You know your right it was a bit over the top I guess. Sorry about that but it is what I see a lot. I just don’t see the guys surf fishing leaving stuff on the beach and having bomb fires while they fish at night. 

I get it and hear you. I am one of the guys that leaves it nicer than I found it. I bring a bucket, not for my catch, but for the mess that I haul out.