scoobydoo

I have a few of the NEW Daiwa BG MQ reels....added video

Rate this topic

36 posts in this topic

On 01/08/2020 at 3:21 AM, scoobydoo said:

It's graphite not zaion 

Daiwa use a couple of different types of graphite for rotors, DS5 for the ballistic lt and DS4 on the fuego lt, caldia lt, exceller and legalis lt and a few others. If you have those reels you may be able to figure out which one. BTW Daiwa put a video up showing a cut open bg mq with innards visible a couple of days ago, you may want to hurry up poastin your teardown video. There appears to be a seal and maybe labyrinth above the anti reverse clutch, the boot doesnt look sealed but hopefully nothing that can't be cured with some rtv silicon. What will be funny is if this reel ends up being better sealed than the new saragosa, because shimano wanted to make the new gosa smoother, more like a daiwa.

On 1.8.2020. at 1:49 AM, Steg said:

My bet is that the site is wrong about the rotor material.

See, you let them get away with "aluminum" main gear, and next thing you know there comes a "zaion" rotor..

Great video!

Can you detail the differences in how the 6K and the 8K seal the real heel area.

Seems like one was ok but one maybe not, wondering if you have any after thoughts on this?

Does the seal get stretched over the heel and then installed and screwed down, can't see it just laying in there like I saw on the video?

Thanks!

On 8/4/2020 at 10:52 AM, Koniplus said:

Are they still use poor quality skews like in the BG?

The bg screws aren't poor quality

18 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

The bg screws aren't poor quality

@scoobydoo  I’m new to saltwater fishing and accidentally dunked my reel in the salt. I had it serviced the next day but would like to learn how to do it myself. I watched (your)@scoobydoo video on how to breakdown a reel but was curious on how you actually clean the interior parts, gears, bearing etc of the saltwater that got in to prevent corrosion (mineral spirits, freshwater, corrosion x spray). What portions of the reel gets oil as apposed to grease? Also was wondering what the best grease to use is for both saltwater and freshwater use? Thanks for any help You can give I appreciate it:).