scoobydoo

I have a few of the NEW Daiwa BG MQ reels....added video

Rate this topic

62 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I'll be tearing them down this weekend.

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll see If I can address them while tearing them down.

(I have the 6k and 8k)

I'll be putting out a video tonight going over my initial impressions, thoughts, gripes etc.  And I'll show the easy upskirt stuff.

So far the reel looks and feels spectacular....Everything is rock solid and extremely refined.

I have a few questions about the sealing as the two different sizes are sealed differently.  And I'm not sure whether that's a prototype thing or something that will be fixed during the main run.

I also have the the Procyon AL ..And my lord is that a sweet little egg beater....Feels nicer than the ballistic and Stradic FL.  Like a smaller Non magsealed Back bay....In liquid bright silver and red  (I don't like red and this thing looks tight!)

Edited by scoobydoo

Mostly I'm interested in how well sealed the reel is. I read/heard somewhere that the rotor is supposed to be zaion though I have doubts. A general note on the material that each major structural part is made from would be awesome (rotor material, body material, sideplate, gears, main shaft etc.).

Really looking forward to your video on this. Very curious.

Rotor is zaion (from old saltigas...I don't think it is aluminum, that is exclusive to the new saltiga),...and even so it does not justify price x2!....Drive gear is cast zinc as BG? or machined....but not aluminum!

They maintain 5.7-5.3 ratios, daiwa could have taken 6.2 (and 5.7 in the bigger ones) to compete with new saragosa.

2 hours ago, PSegnatelli said:

Whats your youtube channel?

Tackle Advisors

2 hours ago, RyanJ_88 said:

Cant wait to watch these, love all the vids scoob!

Can't wait to get em out... :)

Thanks man!

Been waiting for the tackle advisors 2020 Icast tear downs!!
Also want to see if Shimano is putting some new tech in the Vanford that warrants a name change from Stradic.

Scoobs reviews are little windy but second to none ! :howdy:

I plan on pairing a BG (probably the 3500) with an Airwave Elite 9’6 for my first serious dedicated plugging rod. Didn’t even know these were coming out. You guys are way more knowledge than me about the materials and inner workings of reels so what I want to know is if I should wait and get one of these or get the current model.

49 mins ago, Sevendust111 said:

I plan on pairing a BG (probably the 3500) with an Airwave Elite 9’6 for my first serious dedicated plugging rod. Didn’t even know these were coming out. You guys are way more knowledge than me about the materials and inner workings of reels so what I want to know is if I should wait and get one of these or get the current model.

If you're gonna plug a pretty decent amount, and don't mind the $$ uptick, the MQ will likely be better for the seals.

Outside of that, pricepoint and history says the current BG is a solid buy.

I am curious to the size of the main gear teeth size on the smaller sizes, the previous bg had the colossal teeth only on 4500 and bigger, the smaller ones had normal teeth size. also curious on how waterproof it is, the Daiwa Isla used rubber seals on the side similar to that as an alternative to the Saltiga mag seal ball bearing and was proven pretty waterproof but the gear stem had a rubber seal underneath where the ball bearing entered. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Off topic but did you score any New Kage LT MQ I'm very curious the difference between the Kage and Luvias

I am very curious to see the tear down on the BGs and find out where the seals are. Then figure out if they can be used to seal the magseal off on my Certates.

Edited by nfnDrum