Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Capecod365

Atom ??

21 posts in this topic

On 7/30/2020 at 10:58 AM, Capecod365 said:

Thank you! I was worried I got scammed 

Worst case, you got a plug IMO that fishes better than the $30-40 wood copies that are out there, as long as the swivels are in good shape.

Atom lures had many different colors and shades made from the early times and some were ingenious in how they came out . His Plastic plugs are hard to copy as he was the only one to have the molds as he made them and the color schemes he invented over the years . The ones that still have the name Atom Lures Attleboro Ma. on them would have a little more value if you are buying for historical reasons. 

As a kid, I was kind of mesmerized by the wide variety of swirl Atom's that I saw hanging in tackle shops and people's basements. I have far too many in boxes that I should sell, but I am pretty certain that I paid too much for them and I get the sense that the bottom has dropped out of the market for them.

That said, I still have a good number of beaters, including a wide variety of swirls, hanging from a piece of wire in my basement and they are situated such that I can look at them any time I want and get that old fuzzy feeling I did when I was a kid. 

Capecod365 is on the money when he says he is satisfied with what he paid for a piece of angling history.

Dave

condition..color/rare or common...age...box...the right plug in the right box..brass wire...sst wire all count towards the value...a beater in black may only bring 15.00..but a black in the correct box stamped black " brand" new may fetch upwards to 200.00 to the right person who's looking....most