Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Something that looks like either a sand eel or small baitfish but it really depends on the conditions and what is castable and fishable. Wind, depth and weeds all play a big part. 

33 mins ago, Capecod365 said:

Thanks, I have tried everything but eels. This is the weekend to try something new.

David those Z man is speaking about is Sand Eels not black eels Cut chunks or strips of mackerel or crunchies[ pogies all will work. Squid and also sea clams will work  , especially along the beach you told me that you fish .  Sea clams are a bait most have forgotten about , but is a very good bait along most beaches for a variety of species. If at all possible get fresh bait use what you need and freeze the rest . Sea clams can be purchased by the gallon , unfreeze and refrozen as fan squid . Peace and Prayers

You just need really fresh hookbaits.......It makes all the difference..........Try jigging up some macks in the daytime or squid at nite........And take really good care of those baits once you catch em

12 mins ago, Angler #1 said:

Can some one tell me how many post some one now needs to receive E mails Thanks

Carl.......per the guidelines.........they need, 15 on topic, relevant posts. 

23 mins ago, robc22 said:

You just need really fresh hookbaits.......It makes all the difference..........Try jigging up some macks in the daytime or squid at nite........And take really good care of those baits once you catch em

What he said.

When it comes to bait, quality is everything.  All the really good bait guys I've know over the years caught their own bait, and took care of it like it was the family dinner.

2 hours ago, Angler #1 said:

Can some one tell me how many post some one now needs to receive E mails Thanks

Carl, I think I am at 15 posts now, hopefully in the next day or so I can open and send emails. 

Where are you fishing (general)? If you are on the flats east of Sesuit then fresh sand eels are the ticket. My buddy rakes them and has success at low tide. Some folks are reporting mac chunk success on the beaches further west. And there is no reason not to try an eel, especially in some of the boulder fields

20 hours ago, Capecod365 said:

Carl, I think I am at 15 posts now, hopefully in the next day or so I can open and send emails. 

I still am unable to send you some information through the E mail just so that you know.

1 hour ago, Angler #1 said:

I still am unable to send you some information through the E mail just so that you know.

Carl, in addition to the 15 relevant on topic posts, he must also be a SOL member more than 7 days.     ;)