2020 best low profile saltwater baitcaster

Rate this topic

dan_d

The curado 200KHG I have has been nothing but a pleasure to use for everything I have put it against. Built like the tranx 400 but without the sealing additions, so basically just like the tranx 500. Feels the same as when I bought it. 

90yards with a 3oz jig is nothing. I'm getting very comfortably 100+ with a left hook raptor on a tranx 500. With an A27 or equivalent 3oz jig 130 should be well within range. 

On 7/29/2020 at 3:37 PM, Bobnguyen said:

You may want to look at Penn salt water LP reels. Fathom LP, Squall LP.

I recently bought a Fathom LP 300 size.  A bit pricey but you can't take the $$ in the box with you.  It is a bear of a reel.  Loving it, so far.  Casts beautifully and has an awesome drag.

57 mins ago, RedGreen said:

The curado 200KHG I have has been nothing but a pleasure to use for everything I have put it against. Built like the tranx 400 but without the sealing additions, so basically just like the tranx 500. Feels the same as when I bought it. 

90yards with a 3oz jig is nothing. I'm getting very comfortably 100+ with a left hook raptor on a tranx 500. With an A27 or equivalent 3oz jig 130 should be well within range. 

Well, depending on what the 3oz jig has on it; hair, soft plastic, or bait, 90yds is not that bad. A 6in or bigger paddle tail swim bait is not very streamlined.

A stream lined 3oz lure should naturally cast further then most jigs so 100yds+ should be a given with the right rod, unless of course you are casting a bare jighead.

Edited by Beastly Backlash

Just now, Beastly Backlash said:

Well, depending on what the 3oz jig has on it; hair, soft plastic, or bait, 90yds is not that bad. A 6in or bigger paddle tail swim bait is not very streamlined.

A stream lined 3oz lure should naturally cast further then most jigs, unless of course you are casting a bare jighead.

That is fair, I assumed 3oz jig meant diamond jig. Obviously a BT or swimmer won't go far