flyangler

OUT: Kamala Harris ---> IN: Susan Rice - A smarter choice?

Rate this topic

129 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

It is being reported that Susan Rice has now edged ahead of Kamala Harris in the VEEP stakes. I find this an interesting development given that it is not a 0% chance that Rice might get mentioned in the unmasking saga, if that gets discussed before the election. 

On the other hand, this is smart as Harris is just an unlikable person. The polling on her has been poor, and she was a "loser" in the primary contest, even in her own state of California where Dem voters would know her best. 

Rice is a better choice, less controversial in the eyes of Dems. 

Time will tell. One PGer who thought Harris an excellent choice will be crushed. But then again, his belief and opinions have been faulty for years, so....

What say you about the rise of Rice? 

Edited by flyangler

1 min ago, flyangler said:

It is being reported that Susan Rice has now edged ahead of Kamala Harris in the VEEP stakes. I find this an interesting development given that it is not a 0% chance that Rice might get mentioned in the unmasking saga, if that gets discussed before the election. 

On the other hand, this is smart as Harris is just an unlikable person. The polling on her has been poor, and she was a "loser" in the primary contest, even in her own state of California where Dem voters would know her best. 

Time will tell. 

What say you about the rise of Rice? 

I have opined in these very pages that the lovely Ms Rice will be the VP choice.

For the very same reason Joe is the pick.

She, and Joe, are the assigned protectors of the Obama legacy, have skin in on the Trump spying scandal, and because of that, are the only two guaranteed to squash any further investigations.

It is why Bernie was quietly pushed to the side before the SC Primary. It is all coming together.

Politico signaled the fall of Harris yesterday:

‘She had no remorse’: Why Kamala Harris isn't a lock for VP

No one disputes she's the frontrunner to be Biden's No. 2. But there are lingering doubts, primarily over the issue of trust.

When former Sen. Chris Dodd, a member of Joe Biden’s vice presidential search committee, recently asked Kamala Harris about her ambush on Biden in the first Democratic debate, Dodd was stunned by her response.

“She laughed and said, ‘that’s politics.’ She had no remorse,” Dodd told a longtime Biden supporter and donor, who relayed the exchange to POLITICO on condition of anonymity.

“Dodd felt it was a gimmick, that it was cheap,” the donor said. The person added that Dodd’s concerns about Harris were so deep that he's helped elevate California Rep. Karen Bass during the vetting process, urging Biden to pick her because “she’s a loyal No. 2. And that’s what Biden really wants.” Through an aide, Dodd declined to comment. Advisers to Harris also declined to comment.

Harris, a California senator who has built a national following as a leading combatant against the Trump administration, has been seen as a likely Biden VP even before he started running. More than a year later, despite a campaign that didn’t even make it to the first nominating contests, Harris still appears to be in the pole position for the post: Interviews with more than four dozen elected officials, strategists, former Biden advisers and plugged-in donors said they think Harris is the closest Biden has to a “do no harm” option.

And people in three other competing camps privately said that while their candidates have a shot for VP, Harris is more likely to get the nod.

Yet with Biden set to make his decision as soon as the beginning of August, there are still hang-ups over Harris — largely over the matter of trust.

Former high-ranking Democratic Party officials and elected officials have expressed concerns about her to the vetting committee in recent weeks, according to four sources who've spoken to the Biden vetting team.

The interviews for this article revealed a contingent of Democrats who are lobbying against Harris for VP — some privately, some openly. Several California Democrats who spoke to Biden's vetting team have shared glowing reviews of Bass, the chairwoman of the Congressional Black Caucus and a former state Assembly speaker. Others touted Illinois Sen. Tammy Duckworth, who earned a Purple Heart in combat, and former national security adviser Susan Rice, whom they came to know though her connections to Stanford University in the Bay Area.

“I don’t think Kamala Harris has it in the bag,” said former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), reacting to the dozens of Democrats who believe Harris is the likely pick. Reid, who speaks frequently with Dodd, met with Harris recently and said he thinks highly of her.

It’s difficult to overstate the bad blood that flowed between the Harris and Biden campaigns immediately after that June 2019 debate. Harris opened her attack on Biden by saying, “I know you’re not a racist.” She then accused Biden of giving segregationist senators a pass and opposing a federal busing program in the 1970s that integrated schools she attended as a child. “That little girl was me,” she said.

The campaign quickly branded the phrase on T-shirts and boasted about its preparations for what became Harris’ big moment. Eventually, however, Biden gained the upper hand when Harris admitted she had essentially the same view on busing as he did.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Harris was the one who said if you supported trump you will pay...s he should be removed from office immediately for trying to intimidate voters.

Edited by Surf bomber

6 mins ago, flyangler said:

I think Rice is a better choose, which isn't a new opinion for me.

1 min ago, Maine Guide said:

Between her Benghazi lies and the unmasking of Flynn, I see no way she could be the choice. 

You presume that the people making the choice for Biden see either of those as wrongful acts....

2 mins ago, flyangler said:

You presume that the people making the choice for Biden see either of those as wrongful acts....

I don’t disagree. But the Democrat Elite know they have 90% of the black vote already. They don’t need a divisive black female to ensure that vote. 

They need someone that that will get the undecided voter. It’s not either of these women.