Cuttyhunker

Cuttyhunk

Rate this topic

60 posts in this topic

3 mins ago, The BuzzardsBayBruin said:

Sorry for being so rude, I did find your post a little ridiculous honestly. Sow and pigs reef is outside of the range of most people on this site and has been written about for as long as stripers have been read about. 

. I understand the rules of the site, I also understand that the site has admin here for the purposes of policing said behavior. Unless you are an admin you come off sounding like a dink. I’m sure you have the best intentions, you certainly were not rude in your post to the OP. That being said, I am sorry for derailing this thread.

to the OP, thank you for sharing. I’m happy you got on the meat! That place is magical at times

You’re still on this? 

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 min ago, Seadogg said:

You’re still on this? 

I do feel bad for chewing into you/derailing the original thread I’ve thought about it more than once this morning

Edited by The BuzzardsBayBruin

Just now, The BuzzardsBayBruin said:

I do feel bad for chewing into you, I’ve thought about it more than once this morning

Don’t feel bad dude. I didn’t lose any sleep over it. 

On 7/29/2020 at 0:18 AM, rst3 said:

Oh, and what if you told a mugger that no, he couldn't cut in? Exact Quote: "I'm fishing here. If it's not me it'll be someone else, and you're better off with me than someone else who doesn't know what they're doing" 

5f20f8177d03f_download(11).jpeg.e7b5cfb8cdfbe02839244e9be1f3ad99.jpeg

This is me, I’ve used this exact quote ( almost, I usually ask if they mind ). If I do fish a breaking tide ( havnt  bothered in 2 years ). I’ve said this more than once.  Only once did the guy get upset enough to leave, so I left the rocks Instead and watched someone else come in and toss a magic swimmer directly over his jig.

Living near/Fishing the ditch for the past 25 years I’ve seen it evolve. I have spent countless hours holding down a spot to have someone jump in and change the flow.

Good fisherman can fish in close proximity, newer fisherman can learn a lot fishing in close proximity to experienced anglers. Personally, I feel trying to hold a spot down for yourself is like asking the canal to adjust its tides for you at this point

Edited by The BuzzardsBayBruin

Cuttyhunk, Sow and Pigs, and Nashewena are some of the most dangerous waters on our coast.  When I was a youngin' I used to fish there in my 18' tin boat with my trusty 50hp Mercury.    

I had the dents and popped rivets to prove it.  StarCraft was based in Westfield Ma back them.  After the season was over I towed the boat out there to have warranty work on it.  I split the deck in rough water one day and wanted them to fix it.  They told me they never saw a boat in such condition.  Hull dents, the bow was split, popped rivets all over, and a split, collapsed deck.   They did a nice job fixing it, and I fished it for a couple more years before graduating to a Sea Ox.   Those were the best years of my life.  Man to be 19 again.

3 hours ago, bob_G said:

Cuttyhunk, Sow and Pigs, and Nashewena are some of the most dangerous waters on our coast.  When I was a youngin' I used to fish there in my 18' tin boat with my trusty 50hp Mercury.    

I had the dents and popped rivets to prove it.  StarCraft was based in Westfield Ma back them.  After the season was over I towed the boat out there to have warranty work on it.  I split the deck in rough water one day and wanted them to fix it.  They told me they never saw a boat in such condition.  Hull dents, the bow was split, popped rivets all over, and a split, collapsed deck.   They did a nice job fixing it, and I fished it for a couple more years before graduating to a Sea Ox.   Those were the best years of my life.  Man to be 19 again.

Had no idea Starcraft was out of Westfield Ma, doesn’t surprise me though as I think about it, they always looked a lot deeper, more freeboard, than your typical tin boat. Where’d you launch from back then for the run out to cutty?

3 hours ago, bob_G said:

.....Those were the best years of my life.  Man to be 19 again.

.........and a dead ringer of Gregg Allman.

Edited by Joe G

I got one for ya that is all about disrespect. I happens on a Thursday night when me/buddy fish from shore the same boater try's to muscle in on our spot because we out fish him 20-0.

so this has been going on all season long...for some strange reason only on a Thursday night again same boater...it's so bad we nicknamed him knucklehead...and he knows we have nicknamed him that...he's can't catch a fish to save his soul...lol...So last night I land a fish and he sees this and as always comes into our area to try to snag a fish. 

Then another boat shows up pushes/muscles him out of the way...so now we have 2 boats....I then land a fish as usual right in front of him and the new boat crew. I can tell just

how they are acting they too are having a rough night and cant catch...so when I recast my  lure out because they too can't catch fish the new boat captain waits until my lure hits the 

water and the guy guns his engine to try to cut my line i'm so used to this type of behavior that I had already began to blast my lure back line...but even so just missed getting my line cut by like 8 ft. I can't count how many times I have had issues with boaters....have you guys also had experiences like this or this is just the normal behavior of boat anglers in the north east.

3 mins ago, dan_d said:

I got one for ya that is all about disrespect. I happens on a Thursday night when me/buddy fish from shore the same boater try's to muscle in on our spot because we out fish him 20-0.

so this has been going on all season long...for some strange reason only on a Thursday night again same boater...it's so bad we nicknamed him knucklehead...and he knows we have nicknamed him that...he's can't catch a fish to save his soul...lol...So last night I land a fish and he sees this and as always comes into our area to try to snag a fish. 

Then another boat shows up pushes/muscles him out of the way...so now we have 2 boats....I then land a fish as usual right in front of him and the new boat crew. I can tell just

how they are acting they too are having a rough night and cant catch...so when I recast my  lure out because they too can't catch fish the new boat captain waits until my lure hits the 

water and the guy guns his engine to try to cut my line i'm so used to this type of behavior that I had already began to blast my lure back line...but even so just missed getting my line cut by like 8 ft. I can't count how many times I have had issues with boaters....have you guys also had experiences like this or this is just the normal behavior of boat anglers in the north east.

Yes. Many times

Usually it’s the guys that don’t know how to catch

On 7/29/2020 at 0:21 AM, dan_d said:

glad I never fished it...it would break my heart to have to deal with that in a spot I had loved to fish....

I've been fishing all over the world for 35 years. No lie, the canal broke my heart. Cutty is tough, but she's a beautiful girl, and she rewards hard work...

16 hours ago, dan_d said:

I had some real issues with boaters last weekend. The bass were blitzing on pogies and the boaters kept making all these crazy u turns to get the drift they wanted I guess. I had to wait for their turn to be over to make another cast, that’s how close to the shore they were.  Meanwhile there were fish up and down the coast for say a quarter or half of a mile, maybe more. The only thing they were doing were scaring the fish off. They seemed to have trouble hooking up on live bait while I was catching on plugs from the shore. It makes no sense. It’s so frustrating but what can you do.