Cuttyhunker

Cuttyhunk

Rate this topic

60 posts in this topic

Just now, The BuzzardsBayBruin said:

Sow and pigs is a big secret. So is the canal :point:

That’s not the point, man. I’m not even sure how this is a discussion. 

3 mins ago, The BuzzardsBayBruin said:

They watch and wait till you catch fish... that’s why I don’t wait. People don’t care who was there 1st

So you support mugging someone who was there first?

9 mins ago, Seadogg said:

That’s not the point, man. I’m not even sure how this is a discussion. 

I’m not sure what to say, I’m sure you feel better having said what you said. People are laughing at you. I am one of them

9 mins ago, bob_G said:

So you support mugging someone who was there first?

Clearly you can read

Just now, The BuzzardsBayBruin said:

I’m not sure what to say, I’m sure you feel better having said what you said. People are laughing at you. I am one of them

Clearly you can read

Anonymous fishing website members are laughing at me for upholding one of the rules of the site. I’m crushed. 

13 hours ago, SalmonAndStriper Stalker said:

if I want to fish the canal I get there 6 to 10 hours in advance of a tide cycle in order to fish where i want to fish. that has been become the norm. it is what it is....

Who has time for that? Do you have a job?

35 mins ago, z-man said:

Who has time for that? Do you have a job?

back when we were allowed to commercial fish there and I was self employed that was part of my job...

7 hours ago, SalmonAndStriper Stalker said:

back when we were allowed to commercial fish there and I was self employed that was part of my job...

Let me understand this, you would wait 10 hours before the tide you wanted to fish in an effort to catch and sell 2 fish?

MA minimum wage is $12/hr x 10hr = $120. You probably fished at least 3 hours after waiting 10 so let’s say $156

2 fish x 25lbs x $5lb = $250. Subtract the cost of the savage jigs you loose fishing with 1000 people at the RR Bridge. Factor in the commercial quota not being met (I doubt you sold 2 fish three times a week) 

Have you evaluated your effort/compensation?

I wonder what people claim on their taxes as income from “commercial fishing” after they deduct their expenses? Forget Trumps taxes, I want a part time commercial fisherman’s taxes :)

It's amazing how a guy posting about a cool outing, fishing vintage tackle off Cutty turns into a thread about the canal, and bickering about what is spot burning and what isn't. 

15 hours ago, Seadogg said:

Anonymous fishing website members are laughing at me for upholding one of the rules of the site. I’m crushed. 

Sorry for being so rude, I did find your post a little ridiculous honestly. Sow and pigs reef is outside of the range of most people on this site and has been written about for as long as stripers have been read about. 

. I understand the rules of the site, I also understand that the site has admin here for the purposes of policing said behavior. Unless you are an admin you come off sounding like a dink. I’m sure you have the best intentions, you certainly were not rude in your post to the OP. That being said, I am sorry for derailing this thread.

to the OP, thank you for sharing. I’m happy you got on the meat! That place is magical at times