Batman67

Triggerfish

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

40 mins ago, JillJillu said:

Ok. anything about the water quality? does it have to be like tropical water or chocolate milk etc?

I personally find with all of our tropical visitors, clean water is a must. 

19 hours ago, baldadonis2002 said:

Went looking for Trigs... found SeaBass ....old school sharpie suggested slack tide?

Slack tide tends to be better.  I'm thinking about taking a ride looking for triggers in  a local inlet, and if I do, I'll do it around high slack, where I have clean water and little current.

48 mins ago, CWitek said:

Slack tide tends to be better.  I'm thinking about taking a ride looking for triggers in  a local inlet, and if I do, I'll do it around high slack, where I have clean water and little current.

Did this same trip recently - same tide, local inlet. Water was filthy lol

Agreed, high slack is the best for triggers. Cleanest water, nearshore structure is submerged enough, and if you're fishing bridges you do not have to worry about your rig getting swept down current lol.

High slack tide with clear water has always been the most productive for me. I use a dropper loop 20" above a 1-3 oz sinker wit ha 1/0 hook. Salted clams work best for me. They are either there or they are not but when they are it's very east fishing20180625_194946.thumb.jpg.91158ca1676d3003f034f39492e2937b.jpg

1 hour ago, Batman67 said:

Had 6 yesterday and 5 today. They are out there and will be for at least a month.

They seem to stay later every year. Caught a few late October blackfishing last season.

On 7/30/2020 at 9:35 PM, Batman67 said:

Had 6 yesterday and 5 today. They are out there and will be for at least a month.

From shore or from boat,?