Something Tasty In Maine (Shark Attack)

Rate this topic

Reed422

19 hours ago, makomakoman said:

that may be the dumbest list I've seen..

top of my head. for dumps in Maine

1. Lewiston

2. Sanford

3. Rumford

4. Augusta

5. Mars Hill

Your first pick is the truth. Worst in the state. And there's a very obvious reason why, you just can't talk about it. I would also bump Rumford up to #2. And Mars Hill? Not much different than a lot of towns in the county.

.....from the New York Post

A federal law from the 1970s that’s led to a booming seal population is likely to blame in the fatal great white attack in Maine, according to experts cited in a new report.

A seal with a 19-inch shark wound — likely from a great white — was also found Sunday off Phippsburg, just north of Bailey Island, according to James Sulikowski, an Arizona State University professor.

Sulikowski said a witness report that Holowach was tossed into the air during the attack jibes with a great white being the culprit.

“Great whites are basically ambush predators,” he said. They swim below their prey and then dart to the surface.

Edited by flylikabird

"For our discussion of kayak angling is no trifling matter but is the way to conduct our lives, nobody untrained in fishing may enter my house."- Fly's Plato

2 hours ago, flylikabird said:

.....from the New York Post

A federal law from the 1970s that’s led to a booming seal population is likely to blame in the fatal great white attack in Maine, according to experts cited in a new report.

A seal with a 19-inch shark wound — likely from a great white — was also found Sunday off Phippsburg, just north of Bailey Island, according to James Sulikowski, an Arizona State University professor.

Sulikowski said a witness report that Holowach was tossed into the air during the attack jibes with a great white being the culprit.

“Great whites are basically ambush predators,” he said. They swim below their prey and then dart to the surface.

You're gonna believe a guy who works for the U. of AZ. about Maine shark attacks?

====Mako Mike====
Makomania Sportfishing
Pt. Judith, RI

20 mins ago, MakoMike said:

You're gonna believe a guy who works for the U. of AZ. about Maine shark attacks?

Who said I believe him.

Don't put words in my mouth Mako......if that is your real name?

Next thing you're gonna say is your a real shark.

He didn't tell me anything I didn't glean as a former deep sea diver.   

"For our discussion of kayak angling is no trifling matter but is the way to conduct our lives, nobody untrained in fishing may enter my house."- Fly's Plato

34 mins ago, Eagles Dare said:

Just don't wear black.  

A_Deep_Blue-1068x665.png

OR, make sure YOUR shark has just eaten 450lbs of rotting sperm whale.

"You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end -- which you can never afford to loose -- with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they may be .."

5 mins ago, Eagles Dare said:

Even so, she'd make a tasty dessert.  :drool:

I keep looking at that video and can only think the shark is full and thinks that those free divers are some kinda of freak ass Remora or something :laugh:. Personally, I'd eat the **** of of her :th:

"You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end -- which you can never afford to loose -- with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they may be .."

1 min ago, MikeMc said:

You never heard of the Lake Havasu shark?? 

OR the MUD Shark ??!?!  :dismay: