South shore LI

Rate this topic

26jimbo

2 hours ago, chumfish said:

They’ve always been there.  Where’s @Wire For Fire ?

Had those pics sent to me earlier today 

Them bite marks I don’t think are browns (sandbars) . Those are much wider larger bites .but possible . Prob small 100-125ish  white shark is my best guess and obviously two different sharks bit it .  But yea they always near shore somewhere . And if the water clear and warm anything is possible 

Edited by Wire For Fire

3 mins ago, Wire For Fire said:

Had those pics sent to me earlier today 

Them bite marks I don’t think are browns (sandbars) . Those are much wider larger bites .but possible . Prob small 100-125ish  white shark is my best guess and obviously two different sharks bit it .  But yea they always near shore somewhere . And if the water clear and warm anything is possible 

If that’s a mussel shell for scale, we’re not impressed. :D

1 hour ago, TimS said:

That ray looks sad :( 

Kinda defeated like ...

It was always fun to pencil pop big blues in the Shinnecock inlet and just pull up the head plus 8 inches with the yellow eyes rolling and blood squirting out where the body should be .. Good times, good times ....

"You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end -- which you can never afford to loose -- with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they may be .."

Coupla weeks ago a guy with a pontoon boat was drifting through a narrow cut (Massey's ditch) in Rehoboth Bay and felt a bump on the boat. He thought he had drifted over a marker buoy but instead there was a large hammer head stuck between the pontoons .

"You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end -- which you can never afford to loose -- with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they may be .."

11 hours ago, Bernie12 said:

looks like someone might be  effing with everyone on the beach... thats a hard skin fish to get such a clean bite out of

I don't think it would be tough at all for most sharks to take a cookie-cutter bite out of a ray - many species of shark can take a bite out of a turtle's shell. 

America, the country so great that even its haters refuse to leave.