Kones1

Still closed

Rate this topic

37 posts in this topic

Just posted from MBBA President. 

I just got off the phone with Superintendent Carlstrom of the CCNS.  I know there are many of you that are frustrated and fed up with the continued OSV and SCV closures. There are still too many active broods to be able to open and that’s not expected to change for at least another week or more.  Kris has been in regular contact with Russ keeping updated.  

Superintendent Carlstrom said that there’s been a great deal of pressure from the Anastasio family of Truro to take some sort of action.  They’ve even filed an FOIA request which is unfortunately adding to the administrative load and working against the cause by diverting staff resources to address that issue rather than working directly to get vehicles back on the beach. He also said that staff on the beach including monitors are being harassed rather aggressively, much more so than in previous years.  This type of behavior will do nothing to reduce closures.  

Any official updates will be shared as soon as they’re made available.  We will meet with CCNS staff in the early fall. He is open to also having a more public forum to address questions, comments, and concerns from other user groups. 

I will reiterate what I’ve said in previous comments. The time for change is in the off season. There is nothing that can be said or done now what will suddenly make it ok for them to violate the Endangered Species Act and open the beach to vehicles while chicks are present.  HCP’s come with a significant financial and administrative cost that the National Park Service simply can’t absorb. They also require a good deal of compromise from users. Are you, as users of CCNS OSV and SCV corridors, prepared to pay more for your permits with no guarantee of increased access? Are you willing to leave your boats at home? Are you willing to leave your chase vehicles at home? Are there a few of you who are willing to volunteer 2-20 hours per week for as long as a couple of years meeting with local, state, and federal officials to do what it takes to possibly (not probably) see a reduction in duration of the closures?   How many club members are willing to allow the club to spend a significant amount of its financial resources to help pay for such an endeavor?

These are the questions that need to be answered as a first step towards seeing any change. Those of you who complain now but disappear come September or October and/or aren’t willing to contribute time and money or make concessions in how you like to use the beach will never be part of the solution.

Bob Long #687
MBBA President

Not endangered any longer. This is total mismanagement and has been for years. The people who fund this ARE PISSED OFF. Enough already. Manage it. Or we will have you fired   Done done done

Pole line road  is open to hatches.......You can thank my wife for that… No seriously you can… If anybody’s on Facebook go to the race point Beach Facebook page LOL

I’m very surprised that Hatches opened first. I wonder if when you get out there if it’s all no parking on the harbor side and no dogs?

12 mins ago, catatonic said:

Pole line road  is open to hatches.......You can thank my wife for that… No seriously you can… If anybody’s on Facebook go to the race point Beach Facebook page LOL

Thank you for fighting for all of us. 

Thanks  Pete. We listened to you and also bombarded him with e mails telling him how much of a failure he is and that our tax dollars pay for all this 

Checked out the page. Signed the petition that’s shared on there. I have never had the chance to enjoy the National seashore via ORV but would love to In the future. I will never purchase the permits at this rate though considering that more than half the season it’s closed down. 

16 mins ago, CcCstriper89 said:

Checked out the page. Signed the petition that’s shared on there. I have never had the chance to enjoy the National seashore via ORV but would love to In the future. I will never purchase the permits at this rate though considering that more than half the season it’s closed down. 

That’s what they want so they can close it forever. Please buy a permit and email them telling them hoe much of a failure they are

This was a post by the president of the Mbba naming my family......I’ve felt the Mbba has been irrelevant for years now and this just proved it......The Mbba  prez & The superintendent really made themselves look stupid today.

6F484441-F8D1-49D8-9BA4-46BEA7BDBA5D.png

330CF89E-8DF9-405D-9ADE-DF24BC7D814D.png

921E3CBD-7B2C-4328-8489-3C57FC60C1F5.png

Wow that’s lame. Why do they collect dues ?   Good for you Pete. It takes people like you and you’re wife, a school teacher with 2 of her own to make stuff happen. True Americans fighting for our freedoms against a dis functional government that doesn’t give a dam about the regular guy

"Superintendent Carlstrom said that there’s been a great deal of pressure from the Anastasio family of Truro to take some sort of action.  They’ve even filed an FOIA request which is unfortunately adding to the administrative load and working against the cause by diverting staff resources to address that issue rather than working directly to get vehicles back on the beach." 

No "even" about it. We're entitled to know what the FEDs are trying to do to us, and why.  If a FOIA reguest is used by bureaucrats as an excuse for them not moving fast enough, BEWARE!!!! Responding to FOIA requests is part of the fed bureaucratic workload. If they can't handle it they should go cook in another kitchen - and anyone who buys into that excuse should find another playpen to play in.