Kones1

Still closed

Rate this topic

168 posts in this topic

The birds are done. Open the beaches already. This is wrong. Make room and manage it. Closed beaches is not management. Management is what our tax dollars pay for  not total closures. That is totally failing at management. 

Have the rangers given any idea when they will reopen and what the current problem is? Plovers, terns, erosion, Covid, all of the above? This is the most ridiculous season to date for me. I bought a sticker for $150 used it one afternoon and then everything started shutting down the following week. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

brian_carlstrom@nps.gov

email him......he’s the guy in charge......we’ve been bombarding him with emails.

My wife has had a few back and forth with him....He wouldn’t give her much information so she contacted the people involved in the freedom of information act and they contacted him.

He is In my opinion the sole reason it’s been going downhill… Ever since he became superintendent in 2018  it’s gotten worse and worse.

The last bird fledged at Nauset yesterday they lifted all the restrictions… There’s no way possible that every bird has fledged  at Nauset yet race point oversand can still be completely closed.

Edited by catatonic

On 7/27/2020 at 2:45 PM, catatonic said:

brian_carlstrom@nps.gov

email him......he’s the guy in charge......we’ve been bombarding him with emails.

My wife has had a few back and forth with him....He wouldn’t give her much information so she contacted the people involved in the freedom of information act and they contacted him.

He is In my opinion the sole reason it’s been going downhill… Ever since he became superintendent in 2018  it’s gotten worse and worse.

The last bird fledged at Nauset yesterday they lifted all the restrictions… There’s no way possible that every bird has fledged  at Nauset yet race point oversand can still be completely closed.

What is he giving for an excuse? There’s no way that there are plover nests all the way from Coast Guard in Truro all the way to Hatches Harbor. Even the little access trail to High Head is shown as closed. That’s always been open as far as I can remember. 

3 mins ago, z-man said:

What is he giving for an excuse? There’s no way that there are plover nests all the way from Coast Guard in Truro all the way to Hatches Harbor. Even the little access trail to High Head is shown as closed. That’s always been open as far as I can remember. 

He told my wife… (The only one he’s responded to) that he doesn’t have to share any information… It’s classified…He then emailed her to tell her that “she can get all her information from the freedom of information act people now”

My wife also sent an email to Sara Peak (who

it turns out also has an ORV pass)...She got a response back from her pretty quick that she was going to contact him about getting some information out to

the public.

6 hours ago, catatonic said:

He told my wife… (The only one he’s responded to) that he doesn’t have to share any information… It’s classified…He then emailed her to tell her that “she can get all her information from the freedom of information act people now”

My wife also sent an email to Sara Peak (who

it turns out also has an ORV pass)...She got a response back from her pretty quick that she was going to contact him about getting some information out to

the public.

Classified? Is there a Russian sub hiding just off the beach? I’m pretty sure they have to tell people what’s going on since they are the ones that sold us a sticker. You can’t take money and then provide no service without any explanation. Sounds like they just want to keep people off the beach to make their job easier. If that’s the case they should all lose their jobs as they are no longer needed. 

11 hours ago, z-man said:

Classified? Is there a Russian sub hiding just off the beach? I’m pretty sure they have to tell people what’s going on since they are the ones that sold us a sticker. You can’t take money and then provide no service without any explanation. Sounds like they just want to keep people off the beach to make their job easier. If that’s the case they should all lose their jobs as they are no longer needed. 

Sounds all too familiar. :thumbd: