superstriper

no more baseball season?

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

odds are they cancel the season in my opinion-people want to open everything but things can stay open when people get the virus

about 10 marlins got the virus

game cancelled  tonight

odds are phils vs yanks will be cancelled

baseball has no plan to deal with the virus

the nba at least is on top of **** and trying

I think the Marlins might be a special case since they play right in the middle of the epicenter of the virus...they likely brought it with them to Philly...and Philly may be an unfortunate casualty of this...My guess that it is definitely over for the Marlins and for Philly, it'll be a sit and wait game while they are forced to the sidelines until they are found to be not infected. At that point, provided the Phillies players do test negative, I'm not sure if they'd try to reschedule the games that are cancelled (if not rescheduled, I'm not sure it would be worth continuing given that it's only a 60 game season and they'll likely cancel a fair number of games until cleared to play)

The flip side is that this season is only happening for this country's morale....and if it proves out to be that Philly is at no further risk, why not let them play out (once cleared)

Marlins had 14 total infected. Players and coaches. They think they got it in Atlanta where they played an exhibition game before going to Philadelphia. 

I think it's over. MLB is going to try to find a way to soldier on, but if they couldn't make it three days without a major outbreak -- and make no mistake: the Marlins deal was a major outbreak -- then what are the odds they can go three months? 

I don't see how they can proceed like this. You get another flare up or two and waste what, 2 solid weeks of games for multiple teams. They aren't playing 60 at this rate. They should at least cancel the playoffs.  This is not a baseball season and anyone that wins anything it won't count.

Whatever happened to forfeiting games...?

TheMiami Marlins' season was suspended by Major League Baseball amid an outbreak of COVID-19 cases that resulted in 15 players and two staff members testing positive from Friday to Tday, according to a baseball official with direct knowledge of the decision.