Frugal Fisherman

Camping on the beach?

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Really good question. I'm 90% sure its not allowed anywhere. The closest you can get as far as Im aware is IBSP with the fishing pass. Rules are that you need to be fishing at all times and no tents. They do allow campfires. 

23 mins ago, adams54 said:

Really good question. I'm 90% sure its not allowed anywhere. The closest you can get as far as Im aware is IBSP with the fishing pass. Rules are that you need to be fishing at all times and no tents. They do allow campfires. 

In other words no camping!

guys asks if he can camp and you say yes at island beach where u cannot camp. Qualifying it with must be fishing at all times but they don’t go together 

Posted (edited) · Report post

7 mins ago, wasy said:

In other words no camping!

guys asks if he can camp and you say yes at island beach where u cannot camp. Qualifying it with must be fishing at all times but they don’t go together 

Didnt say he could. All I said its as close as you're gonna get. The place is loaded with park police so dont wanna misinform.

Edited by adams54

Frugal Fisherman, I think you've gotten your answer which agrees with all the research I've done in the past: Not in NJ.

I think there might be beach camping opportunities in DE, and there's always Assateague.

Can I expand the inquiry? Are there good "out back" camping opportunities in NJ? Camping locations that give you good access to fishing the backwaters would, for me, be a good consolation prize.

Feel free to tell me to take a hike, Frugal Fisherman, if you see this as hijacking your thread.

NJ only allows drugs, anonymous sex and other seedy activities.  Camping is strictly forbidden and you could be shot on site for doing such a detrimental thing to society. Preemptive apology, I'm feeling especially sarcastic today.

Posted (edited) · Report post

There is one place I know you can Actually camp on and close to the Water I do not want to burn it since there are few sites  ( 20 ) NO Conveniences ( Primitive )  but portapotty. I have done it many years ago in the same general area but it was on the Slide hidden from view and accessed by Boat.   I do not recommend Camping anyplace on the Shores unless you are immune to  Greenhead Flies- Nats- Noseums - Mosquitoes -Black Flies ( Rats ) "TICKS" If you are still interested PM me. Photo is of the Camp Grounds $30 a Night Reservations required. 14 day Max. 

camping.jpg

Edited by Cheeckakoe

8 hours ago, RussB said:

Frugal Fisherman, I think you've gotten your answer which agrees with all the research I've done in the past: Not in NJ.

I think there might be beach camping opportunities in DE, and there's always Assateague.

Can I expand the inquiry? Are there good "out back" camping opportunities in NJ? Camping locations that give you good access to fishing the backwaters would, for me, be a good consolation prize.

Feel free to tell me to take a hike, Frugal Fisherman, if you see this as hijacking your thread.

Not a hijack; It's how threads should evolve...

I saw that a couple years ago Seaside had a couple nights when they offered overnight camping on the beach but that's it. 

Last year i ran into a couple from the Midwest (Michigan) who were going to give it a try on the Raritan bay. They had a tent set up and were there well after dark. I've always wondered how it worked out for them. 

8 hours ago, RussB said:

Yes to in Nj as I already exchanged PMs of where to him.