iphish

Jets Jamel Adams trade

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Next to Cincinnati the Jets are the cheapest organization in the NFL You don't win championships trading away your best players when they are at the height of their effectiveness. Draft choices are nothing more than an exercise in mental masturbation until they prove something on the field. This trade was more about protecting a questionable choice as Head Coach and saving money than anything else. I hope it works out but I am skeptical. After all it is the Jets.

Marc

Edited by mml4

1 hour ago, mml4 said:

Next to Cincinnati the Jets are the cheapest organization in the NFL You don't win championships trading away your best players when they are at the height of their effectiveness. Draft choices are nothing more than an exercise in mental masturbation until they prove something on the field. This trade was more about protecting a questionable choice as Head Coach and saving money than anything else. I hope it works out but I am skeptical. After all it is the Jets.

Marc

For decades they were spending stupid money on players...How did that work out?   I think this had a lot to do with cancer ( once again) in the locker room and down the road having to pay this guy.

The picks could help, time will tell. But it may give the Jets a shot at another QB too. This will be his 3rd season, career pass completion is under 60%,  TD is 36 with 28 interceptions. Now that they have invested in an offensive line this has to be a very big year for him and the head coach.   

Some players need to keep their mouth shut 

6 hours ago, iphish said:

For decades they were spending stupid money on players...How did that work out?   I think this had a lot to do with cancer ( once again) in the locker room and down the road having to pay this guy.

The picks could help, time will tell. But it may give the Jets a shot at another QB too. This will be his 3rd season, career pass completion is under 60%,  TD is 36 with 28 interceptions. Now that they have invested in an offensive line this has to be a very big year for him and the head coach.   

Some players need to keep their mouth shut 

The cancer in the Jets organization is in the owners box!

Marc

We all know championships are won with youth and getting the most of em on the cheap before you have to pay big $$$ to retain them.  A safety isn't gonna win any championships.  Getting the picks and trying to get some quality youth is not a bad move.  If they screw it up well they weren't winning with Adams anyway. 

The Jets usually pay these idiots.  i.e - Revis, Wilkerson, etc.  Nice change of pace.  Think they have the GM figured out, but ownership and the HC....

True but he ( Adams) still had 2 years at very short money....I still think I was cancer in lockeroom

That's a lot of picks for a safety, even a good one.  If he was a locker room problem, it was a great deal for the Jets.  They'll still stink of course.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Unsure about this

Adams is a game changer type of player, hurts to lose him

Bottom line, the Jets are at best meh at corner, so safeties are more important to this team then for others. If 3rd round pick Ashtyn Davis plays to his potential then this was a great move, not a good move, a GREAT move. If not then this could the difference between winning or losing a few close games and be the difference between contending and staying bottom of the barrel

Time will tell

Edited by Sudsy

Adams is a loss, however, two number 1's are unheard of. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. Jets will screw it up in the end, but for now, good move.