scoobydoo

What is going on here??? Now I gotta fish more crap just to find out..

Rate this topic

77 posts in this topic

A lot of these cheap braids get sold hence the amount found on various selling sites and yes they do work and create good results.Not everyone goes in search of the best of the best and highest price in there tackle be it rods,reel or line.We have a variety of options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aae0130 said:

 

ScoobyDoo Is it possible that some of the strangeness people encounter with braid is from rough skin and handling of the line? I noticed my finger skin (after years of casting braid) is kind of rough. I can see that it abraids the line a bit. It gets feathery where I keep fingering it for casting on my spinners. Even taking apart wind knot can abrade the line. Then a few casts later you get a strange break-off.

When I had my Audio video business and did electrical construction....I remember wearing the spot that was held by my finger...

Gliss did the same when I had an office job..

 

I never had it to the point on braid though that it broke off..at least not that i'm aware of...

My one friend runs a jack hammer all day and does road and bridge  conststruction..

He breaks off all the time....but it's because he blows nutz at tying knots....lol..not because of his sandpaper hands....lol

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ozifish said:

A lot of these cheap braids get sold hence the amount found on various selling sites and yes they do work and create good results.Not everyone goes in search of the best of the best and highest price in there tackle be it rods,reel or line.We have a variety of options.

This isn't a cheap braid...it's competing with j braid and spiderwire in price on the same market places.

Hercules is cheap braid.. 22$ for 1094 yards  

 

The best lines near 1$ per yard...look at your market's Gosen 16.....nothing on the market even close.....Hitena silky is really no different than power pro...and their pure line is as coarse as og power pro....

 

Switching back and forth regularly really shows that when on the water there isn't much of a difference..............ESPECIALLY on a baitcaster.

 

I think I fished 20 different braids so far this year alone.....This stuff stood out.....the thread was about the marketing....

Keeping in mind I asked them on social media if they scripted the commercial before receiving the product sample....2 days later when editing the review I stumbled acros the same dude with the same script talking about Hurcules 4x.  (he's blocked me on social media.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2020 at 5:44 PM, valentine said:

Curious to know what problems you had with power pro.

Odd little flat spots where it looked like two ends were fused together and mystery breakoffs

Sooner or later you'll get one of those spools

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2020 at 1:03 PM, bennie said:

I just read this and wow,,,,,,,:o there's nothing wrong with using vintage gear rods,,, reels ,,,:) but some of the new tackle makes a big difference like fluorocarbon litter,,,,carbon fiber drag washers and kevlar braided line,,,,:headscratch: there always coming out with new stuff,,,,,,,,,:D

 

Blending the two can have great results.

Fiberglass rods might have well been designed to be fished with braid. The give of the glass negates the non-stretch of the braid and keeps that hook from pulling out even when really leaning into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 mins ago, Sudsy said:

Odd little flat spots where it looked like two ends were fused together and mystery breakoffs

Sooner or later you'll get one of those spools

I know it's moot...as there are a billion good braids and such out there...

But it's been years since I have heard of that occurring.

I had the boogers...never the breakoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's good to hear, but I'll never touch the stuff again

Lost a nice Fixter swimmer and a Gary2 to one of those spools

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 mins ago, Sudsy said:

Blending the two can have great results.

Fiberglass rods might have well been designed to be fished with braid. The give of the glass negates the non-stretch of the braid and keeps that hook from pulling out even when really leaning into it.

Yep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

I know it's moot...as there are a billion good braids and such out there...

But it's been years since I have heard of that occurring.

I had the boogers...never the breakoffs.

 

Once you get burned by a line a couple times, especially when it means lost big fish and lost expensive lures, you will never regain confidence in that line.

 

Regular PP and Superslick have both let me down in unexplainable ways. I won't even look at the PP brand now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sudsy said:

Odd little flat spots where it looked like two ends were fused together and mystery breakoffs

Sooner or later you'll get one of those spools

 

And you'll find out you got one of those spools while using an expensive lure or after setting the hook on a big fish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, bennie said:

Over 20lb It don't really matter what line you use,,,,, :o it's the litter,,,,,till you hit 200lb then you better go with 400lb hi-catch  for gothic grouper,,,,,,,:D

20200616_183433.jpg

 

That is some ultra thin diameter there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

I could make some serious striper leaders with 400 lb Momoi, LOL.

I could probably use a single leader all season without it getting abraided  to the point where it was weakened significantly.

Edited by valentine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sudsy said:

That's good to hear, but I'll never touch the stuff again

Lost a nice Fixter swimmer and a Gary2 to one of those spools

That's what you get for not putting them on a wall....lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.