osprey47

Block island overnight shore cast

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

On 7/28/2020 at 10:06 AM, DZ said:

You can always cut it short based on the bite.  Then contact a cab for a ride back.  My casting partner and I will often fish from two vehicles in the fall.  We drop one at our end location and take the other to our start point.  This helps alleviate doubling back through barren water.  Nothing worse than walking two miles of no action then have to walk back past the same water.   Of course if you hit a good bite that lasts you can go to the closest vehicle when you quit. Longest we have gone between vehicles is SE light to SW point.  Old Harbor to Black Rock.  Dickens to Graces.  

Walking/fishing the shoreline from OHP to BR in the middle of the night is type 2 fun!!! ie: HORRIBLE until you're home, showered, fed, hydrated, and in bed reflecting on how epically hardcore it was...especially if you stumbled into a bite. 

On 7/31/2020 at 8:21 AM, osprey47 said:

yes, sure have.  Only setback was a group of about sixty high school kids trying to act cool drinking their "Truly" lemonade who crashed my spot around 9pm until midnight, they were climbing the tower, smoking weed , standing behind my cast (was hoping I would hook one)  when I landed a fish they were trying to get down and take selfies with it as I'm trying to unhook it, stepping on my gear (I lost it on them at that point). bunch of greenwich kids that mommy and daddy dropped off on the island .  

Let me know if you wanna pair up for a September overnight 

On 7/28/2020 at 5:48 PM, DZ said:

All nighters are tough, recovering from them is even worse. 

Yup. I completed my tenth BIAN this June at age 59 and it took me most of the week to get my mojo back.

Steve Culton