robc22

Striped bass are a stupid fish......

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, robc22 said:

Back in the day everyone waited until fall to tuna fish. The fish were in great shape, the working day was shorter and the fish harvested for some good money. It's called utilizing a natural resource in a proper manner.

Then Mr white boat guy decided he would rather fish in the warm weather. Flat summer seas made it easy for his trophy wife to sunbathe on the bow and his cocktail glass never got spilled.

Tons of junk fish harvested in july and august..........BTW I hate deadliest catch and wicked tuna..........buncha drama queens.........

It's funny you mention wicked tuna the fish place I follow garon mailman or whatever supplies them with the fish. No matter the quality it's always 20lb they sell it for and even when it was $2lb last yr they was still selling for $20~$25lb

1 hour ago, robc22 said:

BTW I hate deadliest catch and wicked tuna..........buncha drama queens.........

Everytime I see you you're wearing your Sig Hansen t shirt.

On 7/25/2020 at 0:24 PM, Somethingsfishy said:

Regs seemed to have helped the cod. Not always a bad thing.

Please don’t pretend cod is a success story. They “managed” cod stocks to near annihilation and then reacted to their failure. Our fisheries are managed by idiots. 

On 7/26/2020 at 9:53 AM, bob_G said:

Everytime I see you you're wearing your Sig Hansen t shirt.

Well it is a nice t shirt........

7_550x550_Front_Color-AshGrey.jpg.0d23ba9b09bf4a23f2856f2ca6dca918.jpg

Comparing wicked tuna to deadliest catch seems a little off base to me. Guys think they can just take their boat out into flat calm warm sunny seas on CCB and get rich easy because of wicked tuna.....Even with the editing you can’t make crab fishing the Bering sea look fun haha. Looks like what my nightmares are made of most of the time; especially during opilio season. 

If the cost of operating a boat cannot be matched by the cost of the fish, then many tuna anglers will not go out.

If there is no international market for the fish (no buyers at the dock with cash-in-hand, the fish will not give the captain any kind of return on his time and money invested in catching it.

Most Americans don't eat tuna except for the canned crap, so the local market would be limited and the price would be low in relation to that.

As for stripers, whenever money is on the table, there will ALWAYS be scumbags willing to do whatever they can to get as much as they can before (or if) they get caught. It's the downside of human nature.

On 7/26/2020 at 8:17 AM, robc22 said:

Back in the day everyone waited until fall to tuna fish. The fish were in great shape, the working day was shorter and the fish harvested for some good money. It's called utilizing a natural resource in a proper manner.

Then Mr white boat guy decided he would rather fish in the warm weather. Flat summer seas made it easy for his trophy wife to sunbathe on the bow and his cocktail glass never got spilled.

Tons of junk fish harvested in july and august..........BTW I hate deadliest catch and wicked tuna..........buncha drama queens.........

I agree it comes down to angler attitude towards preserving the resource. But I think you'd also be hard pressed to name an environmental resource that hasn't been exploited almost to the brink of extinction at some point before regulations were put in place to stop the exploitation.