z-man

New MA Travel and Quarantine Rules

Rate this topic

71 posts in this topic

34 mins ago, bdowning said:

Its done wonders for ratings. :p

........that's simply a by-product of exposing the hypocrisy. . 

Those who choose to can keep bashing Baker. Including those who keep yapping that schools won’t be open 100%, 5 days a week. The fact is that MA is currently one of the safest places to be in terms of Covid. That was no accident - it was due to the same policies that have been criticized for months by some. The travel restrictions are no different. Are they inconsistent? Yes. Impossible to enforce? Yes. Will they at least help, to some extent, keep the virus under control? Yes. 

3 hours ago, tj7501 said:

Those who choose to can keep bashing Baker. Including those who keep yapping that schools won’t be open 100%, 5 days a week. The fact is that MA is currently one of the safest places to be in terms of Covid. That was no accident - it was due to the same policies that have been criticized for months by some. The travel restrictions are no different. Are they inconsistent? Yes. Impossible to enforce? Yes. Will they at least help, to some extent, keep the virus under control? Yes. 

I honestly think we got lucky here in MA. We were one of the worst states in the country at the beginning of the pandemic. We did nothing until it was too late. So many of these regulations make no sense. We can we have youth sports but can’t park at many of the beaches? Why do we still need to have our car inspected where a stranger is driving the car? My wife had her car inspected a few weeks ago and the guy doing it didn’t wear a mask or gloves. This was right after the state had a press conference about how they had a great new website to report Covid violations. We went on the site and all it said was to call your local health department. We did and the person we spoke to said that they had other complaints from the same shop. Here’s the best part. My wife was talking to someone a couple days ago and they just had their car inspected at the same place and still no mask. The state has done nothing. Why are inspections not put on hold until the pandemic ends? I’m sure it’s because there’s money to be made. 

4 mins ago, z-man said:

I honestly think we got lucky here in MA. We were one of the worst states in the country at the beginning of the pandemic. We did nothing until it was too late. So many of these regulations make no sense. We can we have youth sports but can’t park at many of the beaches? Why do we still need to have our car inspected where a stranger is driving the car? My wife had her car inspected a few weeks ago and the guy doing it didn’t wear a mask or gloves. This was right after the state had a press conference about how they had a great new website to report Covid violations. We went on the site and all it said was to call your local health department. We did and the person we spoke to said that they had other complaints from the same shop. Here’s the best part. My wife was talking to someone a couple days ago and they just had their car inspected at the same place and still no mask. The state has done nothing. Why are inspections not put on hold until the pandemic ends? I’m sure it’s because there’s money to be made. 

The virus doesn't recognize luck. We had good leadership and the people of MA are generally vigilant. If you are looking for perfection in Covid legislation and enforcement, you will not find it - anywhere. It is very unlikely that one car inspector will infect you within the short time he spends inside your vehicle. You are not in the car with him. Infection is a lot more likely when groups of people are gathering, drinking, and being idiots in general (i.e. beach, bar, etc.) They have to pick and choose, there is no perfect solution - there never will be.

8 mins ago, z-man said:

...I’m sure it’s because there’s money to be made. 

Bingo.  It always is.  It never gets old, does it.

I'm waiting to see what will happen when a vaccine is finally available and if MA will require everyone to get it..

18 mins ago, tj7501 said:

The virus doesn't recognize luck. We had good leadership and the people of MA are generally vigilant. If you are looking for perfection in Covid legislation and enforcement, you will not find it - anywhere. It is very unlikely that one car inspector will infect you within the short time he spends inside your vehicle. You are not in the car with him. Infection is a lot more likely when groups of people are gathering, drinking, and being idiots in general (i.e. beach, bar, etc.) They have to pick and choose, there is no perfect solution - there never will be.

I’m pretty sure you could get COVID if the inspector coughed or sneezed in your car and then you get in it right after him. The virus could still be in the air and certainly on the steering wheel. Plenty of people are catching it that aren’t drinking and being idiots. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Went to the dentist last week. Filled out a 50+ question survey and had me temperature taken at the door. Get inside and 3 receptionist have no masks. 

Brought my daughter to the orthopedic to have her cast off last week. The receptionist took her masknoff every time she answered the phone. 

If dentist and doctor offices don’t take this seriously how will garages and coffee shops?

Edited by ged

45 mins ago, ged said:

If dentist and doctor offices don’t take this seriously how will garages and coffee shops?

........and not to mention the photos showing Fauci not wearing his mask as he sat with two others watching a baseball game last week..    :dismay:.

Edited by Joe G

2 hours ago, K Foley said:

fact checking website

Not a WH or Fox mouth piece

Kinda of like Joe Friday . Just the facts.

Follow the money.

They are about 40% funded by the French Government.

Edited by Joe G