Lateral Line

Racism's new look

Rate this topic

36 posts in this topic

“Racism does not have to be a word. Racism does not have to be a name that you call me. Racism can be how you fail to look at me in my eyes,”

This quote from a new incident causing protest in N. Carolina. 

How could you protect yourself from the accusation of being racist?  A stray thought and expression in the wrong company can spark an issue you may not recover from.

I'm convinced there is no way defend myself from such an accusation as society attempts to right itself.

10 mins ago, Lateral Line said:

“Racism does not have to be a word. Racism does not have to be a name that you call me. Racism can be how you fail to look at me in my eyes,”

But what if the person in question is so damn ugly that looking at them causes physical pain to everyone who looks at them?

Will they call it "The Medusa Syndrome"?

37 mins ago, Lateral Line said:

This quote from a new incident causing protest in N. Carolina. 

How could you protect yourself from the accusation of being racist?  A stray thought and expression in the wrong company can spark an issue you may not recover from.

I'm convinced there is no way defend myself from such an accusation as society attempts to right itself.

Until the person accusing me matters, I won’t feel the need to defend myself. 

5 mins ago, redfishkiller said:

luckily I look everyone in the eye, 

with a scowl. 

Same 

Racist is like gay, people call everything gay, but it's not really gay.

Now, people call everything racist, but it's not really racist.

Awesome isn't really awesome either.

Too many young blacks aspire to be rap stars or professional athletes - for real. 

The harsh reality is that there are very few openings in these fields. 

If you’re lucky enough to get a sports scholarship, take your classes seriously so you have a fallback option. 

I'll be honest, I'll try to treat everyone respectfully UNTIL they give me a reason not to.

If someone wants to start being a jerk by crying "racism" while they wear a dead animal on their head, paint their face like a Jackson Pollack painting and dress like a cross between a circus clown and a blind drag queen, then they shouldn't be surprised that people will either stare in disbelief or deflect their gaze while laughing uncontrollably.  

2 mins ago, Wayne Tj said:

Too many young blacks aspire to be rap stars or professional athletes - for real. 

The harsh reality is that there are very few openings in these fields. 

If you’re lucky enough to get a sports scholarship, take your classes seriously so you have a fallback option. 

Quite a few pro athletes from decades ago understood that, and if they didn't finish school before turning pro, they finished while a pro. Some got degrees in business, so they knew what they needed to do with their money to not be broke when the gravy train ended.

Then there are quite a few who figured the money would always be there and they could live off of their fame.

(How many old sports stars are now doing commercials?)

that is lawer driven busines,if there was law when you brake law even if you win you can not get more than $100.we would never herd of racism.

now i cleveland and chicago they shoot small kids 5 years old.

obama suport them,if you touch them that is discrimination.

if you use gun for robery or you shoot anybody without reason,you should go to desasembly line to hospital,not to cort,for parts,people need harts,liver.

criminal is ofering that,we are harvesting that.

why to waist $30K a year on jail ?

sadenly that is not human.

shooting 2 year old kid is human.

no you live like animal we treet you like animal,no defrent if you black,white or blue.

It seems that everyone has a chip on their shoulder about something these days.

And there is no shortage of people willing to accuse every one of us of being unfairly biased against someone or something.

It doesn’t make it right or just, it’s simply the sideways direction our society has taken Lately.

I do have hope that things will improve and that the sensible people among us will prevail and frivolous accusations and protests will simply fade away into a past which I will be happy to forget.