No Bull S

Mark Sedotti Fly Casting Videos

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

I have released some short fly casting videos at Riversage Journal (riversagejournal.com), on u tube, and also on my facebook page (Mark Sedotti). They were shot by Anthony Loganzo.

Have shot more and will be releasing them during the next few weeks as well. Plan to shoot even more and they will be released over the next year. I think they're pretty good,

and can help people here on stripersonline, no matter what level caster you are.

Have a look, and enjoy!

Riversage Journal is an new and great online magazine that covers many aspects of fly fishing as well as birdhunting, bird dogs, and outdoor game cooking. It's really excellent! Have a look!

All My Best,

Mark Sedotti

Mark, watched all the vids and browsed thru the mag, looks like it will be interesting! Took my only saltwater casting lesson with you 20 some odd years ago in NYC, remember it like it was yesterday...drift, now lead with the reel and roll the wrist at the stop! Thanks for everything over the years...

Thanks for posting the vids.  Not sure I've seen all of them yet but it would help me to see a three cast set with the best of three in slo-mo to look at your arm and hand positioning and timing of the drift. It is clear that your technique allows for zero slack and maximum line speed.  Again thanks and keep posting these!

Killiefish,  Take a look at the two later videos on my facebook page. You'll see me making a couple of long forward casts in slo mo. Look at my hand, the rod, and everything else. The drift is there. You can see it plainly. It's funny. I have something I'd wanted to edit into the drift video (after viewing it when it was produced) , and I have the shot ready too. Just didn't put it in because many liked the video as it is. But now maybe I'll edit it in. It's exactly what you ask. Me casting in slo mo doing the drift. In the end, just look at me making some long casts in slo mo on any of my videos and you'll see the drift. It's how I cast - just sometimes the drift is longer and sometimes it's shorter.

Mark

On 7/25/2020 at 9:04 PM, No Bull S said:

Killiefish,  Take a look at the two later videos on my facebook page. You'll see me making a couple of long forward casts in slo mo. Look at my hand, the rod, and everything else. The drift is there. You can see it plainly. It's funny. I have something I'd wanted to edit into the drift video (after viewing it when it was produced) , and I have the shot ready too. Just didn't put it in because many liked the video as it is. But now maybe I'll edit it in. It's exactly what you ask. Me casting in slo mo doing the drift. In the end, just look at me making some long casts in slo mo on any of my videos and you'll see the drift. It's how I cast - just sometimes the drift is longer and sometimes it's shorter.

Mark

Nice to see you here again. How've you been?