Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rhodyred

Got My Loomis 108-20

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Another Mike T masterpiece. What a rod this is. Double diamond wrap ( red & gold ) on the loomis flat black blank. Got out of the Blazer on my way home to RI ( kept making excuses to stop )and held it and checked out the action a few times. Couldn't hold it enough. Come April this baby will get a good workout.

The blank is rated by line strength which is 15-25# but I've been told that it will handle as low as 1/2oz. to 2 1/2 - 3 oz. Had it wrapped spinning & I'll be shootin for it's low end. It looks like it will do a fine job with the lighter lures. I'll know soon enough, Fish or no fish I'll be casting it this week.

Ah, the 108-20C...my favorite conventional stick! What a perfect weapon it is, you will find much joy in it's abilities! I use my for pitchin' jigs of 1/4 oz right up to throwing 3 oz jigs as far as I can....and it's a tough rod, able to steer the bass once you are well connected to them! It's my primary jigging and rigged eel stick, mine has be through the ringer, taken fish up to 35#'s on it...many hundreds from 15#'s and up...it never once complained, I never once need it to do more than it volunteered for. It was my CCCanal stick, even though the masses there looked at the diminutive 9 footer as a compromise, a toy even....but it did what I bought it there to do...hundreds of fish later, those same folks might have looked at the little 9 footer in a different light! wink.gif

This year, I will do the Ditch again, I will have my 9 footer...but I will also be armed with a 10 foot Lami XS101MHC...just to get the jig over those damned weeds that float and snag your jig as you are trying to lift it from the water. Those weed wear me out faster than landing the fish! I'm hoping the 10 foot Lami is half as versatile as that 9 foot 108-20C...excellent choice!

TimS

Hey saltheart, threw the All-Star yesterday for the first time and was inmpressed. I loved thr 1145, I also threw the 1208 (ditch jiggers) and the 1085(I think thats it) All were very good casters.....was duly imnpressed.......Tres'is gonna have wayne wrap one up for me smile.gif

------------------

John M

Both the Breakaway 1208 & Lami XS101MHC

look like sweet Canal rods. Don't get me going, I might run out and get one or both! I usually take my trusty ole Sabre 1209 to the Ditch and always bring one of my Lami beef sticks for backup.