bassturds

Cliff jumping Nh

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

I’m posting this on the NH forum as well. Going up to Jackson in a couple weeks, my aunts place. Been there many times. 
my question is: are there any cliff jumping spots local? 

It has been years, but we used to go jump off the rocks into the Pemigiwassut (spelling) in Plymouth.

There are also places to ride the rapids along the Kangamangus Highway.

Used to jump off the bridge over the Saco River in North Conway years ago. Now it's a no-no.

Is this a "spur-of-the-moment" quest or have you been doing this for awhile?

Seems rather risky at best.

Like I said, I haven't done it since high school/college, but if you can find a dirt road leading down to the Pemi. from somewhere in downtown Plymouth, we used to swim across the river and climb and jump off of the rocky other side into cool and clean water.

I'm across the border and don't know about cliff jumping but I would encourage you to make damn sure of the water depth, we've had some on and off drought and my lake is pretty low in spots...

Newfound lake, not far from the main ramp at Wellington.  Check the island nearby, Belle island.  Its gotta be a 30 to 50 ft drop into deep water.  You will need a boat or kayak to access.  It's also frowned upon by the Marine Patrol.  Be safe....  wear a life jacket when jumping! 

There's Franconia Falls in in Lincoln. When you get there you'll see a "water slide" in the rocks, and if you keep walking the trail past that for a minute or two there's a small but deep pool with a couple of different rocks to jump from. If I had to guess one is just over 8 feet and the large one around 20 feet or so. 

In my much younger days we'd jump off an abandoned rr bridge into a river. But this was biker weekend near Loudon so i dont think i was very sober. :kook:

I use to do a bunch of cliff jumping when I was younger, but even then I decided that anything over 30" took the fun out of it... There is a GREAT set of waterfalls in Royalston MA (Doanes Falls) that generations of my family would swim at, including my boys, until the Trustees of Reservations ended up with it and closed it to swimming. Before that, there was a sign up saying that 9 people had died swimming here, swim at your own risk. That is 9 drunks diving into rocks... A very avoidable thing to do, but because of a few drunks I can't swim or fish there anymore. And yes I am very bitter, I can't take my grandkids there... Good luck finding some good spots, have a blast, and don't dive into and rocks and ruin it for the rest of us!