ace4570

Surf Bag

Rate this topic

34 posts in this topic

I’ll echo everyone recommending the Supreme surf bag. I have the 3 tube and it’s tough. Forces me to carry less (which is a good thing) and it’s tough. Gets completely submerged most trips and the material holds up. Velcro is strong too. The belt loop straps are OK (make sure you strap them all the way around front, they aren’t like that in the store) but I usually use the shoulder strap and it works fine. 

I do like the recommendation for 2 tennis ball tubes, might have to try that one out.

I’ve run into strangers in the surf before rocking VS/Lami setups with the same bag I have. There are definitely more important things to spend your money on sometimes. I don’t personally think a surf bag should be one of them but if you got the money go ahead, that’s your prerogative. 

On 7/29/2020 at 3:59 PM, cheech said:

The small Supreme bag is nice except for the square 3 tube insert it comes with. Two 2-3/4” tennis ball sleeves, or any similar sized plastic soda bottles will hold much more. With pockets for pliers and rind, 10 slots for tins, and some black duct tape around the opening to make it hook proof, and you have a good , inexpensive belt bag.

Just went the tennis ball sleeve route and it’s a game changer! So much easier to get plugs in and out and you’ll definitely fit more. I don’t use rear hooks on any of my plugs so they all come in and out without issue. Highly recommended inexpensive upgrade!