Plum Island Closing to Non residents

Rate this topic

51 mins ago, ged said:

Mashpee beaches areĀ now closed to non-residents.Ā 

Is this night time as well? So apparently the coastline is only for those that live on the coast during pandemics. What total bs.Ā Planned on some south side trips in the next couple weeks hopefully I can find some access that isnā€™t closed off at 10 at night.Ā 

The Best Day to go fishing is any day that ends in Y

https://www.mashpeema.gov/home/news/temporary-beach-parking-and-access-restrictions-adopted-july-27-2020

Ā 

Ive heard nothing about the SCB state beach being restricted. Only the town beach. Frankly i dont see how they can enforce it at night other than just closing the pkg lots to everyone. Aint gonna happen.

Pfantum Pfishah

7 hours ago, bdowning said:

Ive heard nothing about the SCB state beach being restricted. Only the town beach. Frankly i dont see how they can enforce it at night other than just closing the pkg lots to everyone. Aint gonna happen.

Dennis did the same last year to several north side beaches that were attracting excessive party-rs ... I believe it's just the parking, which effectively stops access unless you live nearby

On 7/24/2020 at 7:13 AM, fishBAD said:

I mean the states reopening, our case numbers are under control and these places are restricting access further.Ā  It really pisses me off.Ā  It just comes down to keeping the beach to themselves so their kids can play beerpong at night.Ā  (BTW 30 local kids no masks,Ā no distancing, looked underage, last tuesday at 9pm.)Ā  Ā 

A few days ago I saw a group of kids swimming in the river at night at the bar while I was fishing. Just a year prior, IĀ saw two people nearly drown at the bars edge. People really are stupid.

13 hours ago, bdowning said:

https://www.mashpeema.gov/home/news/temporary-beach-parking-and-access-restrictions-adopted-july-27-2020

Ā 

Unless they close the gate to the state beach, you should still be able to access it. Closing town beach does nothing besides limiting the people going there since they are enforcing no parking on the roads.