VitaminDee

Plum Island Closing to Non residents

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

Next time they request state or federal assistance due to a high tide or storm flooding,

you know what Newburyport can do........

11 mins ago, fishBAD said:

If this upsets you the only thing you can do is not support Newburyport or Newbury businesses.  

The only place I support on that island is Surfland. 

I mean the states reopening, our case numbers are under control and these places are restricting access further.  It really pisses me off.  It just comes down to keeping the beach to themselves so their kids can play beerpong at night.  (BTW 30 local kids no masks, no distancing, looked underage, last tuesday at 9pm.)   

20 hours ago, fishBAD said:

If this upsets you the only thing you can do is not support Newburyport or Newbury businesses.  

That's OK,  then you can pay for my fishing license this year because I can't very well fish there  ( (unless I walk 60 miles)

5 hours ago, fishBAD said:

I mean the states reopening, our case numbers are under control and these places are restricting access further.  It really pisses me off.  It just comes down to keeping the beach to themselves so their kids can play beerpong at night.  (BTW 30 local kids no masks, no distancing, looked underage, last tuesday at 9pm.)   

Same in NH, as if the spots near the rocks on 1A are going to become overcrowded Covid hotspots. More like 3 towns finally getting to privatize the ocean...

1 hour ago, stormy monday said:

Same in NH, as if the spots near the rocks on 1A are going to become overcrowded Covid hotspots. More like 3 towns finally getting to privatize the ocean...

Even if the beaches were fully packed.. with blankets nearly on top of one another.. open-air transmission of C19 on a beach is difficult at best. If there's any sort of seabreeze at all -- well that heavily dilutes what's spewed out of a person's mouth and transmission risk is reduced to an almost comically low order of probability.

These policies have nothing to do with the science of transmission, and everything to do with local folks keeping others/tourists off the beach (for their own enjoyment).